For you guys looking to go all LED

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: :eek: :shock: :eek:
Holy MOLY!!! :swoon:
"On Sale" at over $300???? :sensored:

The way our charging system works, the lower wattage is an advantage only to a point since the alternator is producing 100% of it's capacity all the time regardless of the load.
Taking a stock bike with no plans for any additional lighting or accessory loads and changing to LED's will gain nothing with regards to the longevity of the charging system. Going over every connector and cleaning or replacing will keep the system running healthy longer.

Now if that LED headlight is brighter and shines farther than an HID then I think it would be worth the price for safety, well not the regular price of $800+.

Yeah that sounds real nice for the drop in watts.. just that will free up at least 55 amps... but at what cost and then if a rock got it.. the lights would be on but the lense would not focus the light anymore... if any of you are electrical/electronic types PM me so I can ask a question before posting to board..

actually
volts x amps = watts... so
10 Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs)
Designed at 12.8v
4.5a (High Beam), 2.5a (Low Beam)

12.8 x 4.5 = 57.6 watts
12.8 x 2.5 = 32 watts on low...

If I'm not mistaken my HID is rated 60w on high, and 55w on low.

your only real difference would be on low beam and that's probably sacrificing alot of luminosity.
in my opinion I'd say stay with the HID

dan filipi":2j13xy9b said:
Very good comparison you did!

The last one's look pretty darn good, where did you get those?

They came from PEP Boys in Denver. We don't have one here in Pueblo.
As you might expect the good ones cost $19.99 each.
I am going to keep the turn signals as regular bulbs for now since the flash in intermittent so I will have the two front turn signal bulbs and the headlight incandescent
and I am working on the light bars to make them LED. I think that will lighten the load enough for now.
I took a little test ride today since it is mostly back together, feels good. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

This is what we need in L.A for the tailgaters

image.php

And this for the socker moms in their Range Rover on the cell phone cuttin me off

image.php

Superbrightleds.com... go there.. Every lamp you'll ever need in a led. The BEST prices anywhere on the net.! I have them everywhere possible on my '83I... Except for the headlight... just used a lower output h4 lamp... guess what?.. Never noticed a drop in light output.... because now the headlight can get the full amperage it needs... Automobiles do not have led headlamps, and for good reason... They do NOT project the same output of light needed in a headlamp for safe driving... Do the HID thing.... Dont do the led headlight thing.! Some riders use them as running lights.. in that application they are fine..