Windshield vent for an 1100!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$155 stock height - $172 4in taller :shock: Holy Cow!!! It would be alot cheaper if you could just buy the vent to install in your current windshield, Specially when my spare is much wider then stock, It wouldnt be that hard to install

It's not a big issues as long as your careful. My windsheild is taller and wider so it cost a little more than stock, and the vent is about $30 IRC. It's just a matter of not cracking the plastic.

tumunga":15w2mush said:
detdrbuzzard":15w2mush said:
it's been a while but i did see a post where someone cut a hole and added the vent to a nonvented windshield

I remembered that one too. It's so easy, even a girl can do it (don't kill me!!). Here's the link:

https://www.goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=138&p=345&hilit=vent+windshield#p304

Eric, my daughter might be the best girl mechanic on the forum!! :music:

She can swap engines, take the faring, seat and bags off in about 15 minutes and didn't complain when I told her to do the fork seals! :music2:

I would say she's probably the best girl mechanic period!

That's great she can do all that. Girls tend to get ripped for auto repairs because they were never taught this stuff.
Ask my wife. When we met, her car was so far out of alignment it was going left when going straight on the freeway. This was after paying Firestone over $1500 for repairs!