Recommended: Engine Degreaser...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally recommend GUNK Foamy engine degreaser. It's the mildest of 4-5 products in the line from foam to heavy duty gel. It has a nice pinpoint spray that is great for getting under and around the carbs. I used the whole can as the foam melts quickly, but there is enough for 4-5 applications. I just went over the entire engine 4 times. There is no strong odor, but I almost immediately could smell the gas/ATF/oil as it was lifting. After rinsing I just scrubbed the few tiny spots that remained while washing the rest of the bike. I have never been impressed with any "engine degreaser," but this one works. Oh yeah, it didn't mess with the paint at all.

~O~

I use Gunk too...smells like diesel to me. Works really well, for the most part. A little brushing might be needed in some areas, but the stuff does work. :good:

AApple":3supbza5 said:
I use Gunk too...smells like diesel to me. Works really well, for the most part. A little brushing might be needed in some areas, but the stuff does work. :good:
There is a reason it smells like diesel.....it is! Their concentrated product is called Gunk SC II which I used for years cleaning enginerooms and marine diesel engines to sparkling clean! They recommend adding diesel to the concentrate and sparying on a warm engine...melts away anything and sprays off with water (just don't pump it overboard...it still has diesel and oil mixed with it!)

There is a product at most auto body supply stores from "POR" called "Marine Clean".
This product can be mixed to different strengths (3-1/ 5-1 etc). It can be used for anything
from engine degreaser to tire cleaner. I have even used it as an oven cleaner! This is an amazing product, and use it in my shop for cleaning all sorts of parts. It has basically no smell, like some other products. Spray it on, let it sit, depending on the thickness of grease etc, maybe a little scrub with a toothbrush, rinse with water, and clean as a whistle. Works great on brake dust stains on car wheels, and tires. Give it a try!