LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently August 14th, 2018, 12:49 am
Who Is Online: Ohara ....1 guest(s) viewing this forum
Jump to:  

Portal » Forums » Resources » Goldwing and other M/C Links. Member Recommended Suppliers and Parts » Paint and Polish

Welcome to Classic Goldwings!
You are now viewing the forums as a guest which has very limited access to the forums.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#1  Unread postPosted: August 30th, 2012, 3:21 pm

Global Moderator
Site supporter

Topic author

Total Posts: 6528
Active Topics: 525

Total Images: 259
Local time: August 14th, 2018, 12:49 am
My Bike Models: Current Lover
1993 GL1500 Aspencade
Past Lovers
1979 XS 850,
1975 GL1000,
1982 GL1100 Interstate

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
I personally recommend GUNK Foamy engine degreaser. It's the mildest of 4-5 products in the line from foam to heavy duty gel. It has a nice pinpoint spray that is great for getting under and around the carbs. I used the whole can as the foam melts quickly, but there is enough for 4-5 applications. I just went over the entire engine 4 times. There is no strong odor, but I almost immediately could smell the gas/ATF/oil as it was lifting. After rinsing I just scrubbed the few tiny spots that remained while washing the rest of the bike. I have never been impressed with any "engine degreaser," but this one works. Oh yeah, it didn't mess with the paint at all.

~O~

Did you check the angle of that dongles' dangle?
...Glo-Wing!...
"George Merriweather{VegasWingnut}" is da MAN!
....................Image.......................

............."Classic GoldWings Forum"...............
.........We think Outside of the Box here

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#2  Unread postPosted: August 30th, 2012, 6:16 pm

Global Moderator
Site supporter

Total Posts: 8544
Active Topics: 1033

Total Images: 1081
Local time: August 14th, 2018, 3:49 am
My Bike Models: 1981 GL1100 Innerstate :>)
1996 GL1500 Innerstate

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
I use Gunk too...smells like diesel to me. Works really well, for the most part. A little brushing might be needed in some areas, but the stuff does work. :good:

I know the voices aren't real...but they have some really cool ideas
Joel AdamsImage
1981 GL1100 GoldWing Interstate
1996 GL1500 GoldWing Interstate

28941 29867

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#3  Unread postPosted: August 30th, 2012, 6:28 pm

Global Moderator
Site supporter
knocker

Total Posts: 9614
Active Topics: 298

Total Images: 1070
My Bike Models: Restored '82 Standard GL1100 (with '83 engine) Hondaline bags.
'81 GL1100 - Gave up the ghost to give life to the '82!
1st bike '81 Suzuki GN400

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
AApple wrote:
I use Gunk too...smells like diesel to me. Works really well, for the most part. A little brushing might be needed in some areas, but the stuff does work. :good:

There is a reason it smells like diesel.....it is! Their concentrated product is called Gunk SC II which I used for years cleaning enginerooms and marine diesel engines to sparkling clean! They recommend adding diesel to the concentrate and sparying on a warm engine...melts away anything and sprays off with water (just don't pump it overboard...it still has diesel and oil mixed with it!)

Gerry <///><

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#4  Unread postPosted: August 31st, 2012, 9:27 pm

Total Posts: 27
Active Topics: 5

Total Images: 10
My Bike Models: 80 GL1100
79 CB750L 10th Ann.Ltd.Ed.
83 CB750SC Nighthawk

Profile Personal album

There is a product at most auto body supply stores from "POR" called "Marine Clean".
This product can be mixed to different strengths (3-1/ 5-1 etc). It can be used for anything
from engine degreaser to tire cleaner. I have even used it as an oven cleaner! This is an amazing product, and use it in my shop for cleaning all sorts of parts. It has basically no smell, like some other products. Spray it on, let it sit, depending on the thickness of grease etc, maybe a little scrub with a toothbrush, rinse with water, and clean as a whistle. Works great on brake dust stains on car wheels, and tires. Give it a try!

Print view |
LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently August 14th, 2018, 12:49 am