Clear as Glass!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
Anyone here use this Plexus Plastic Cleaner? I stopped by the bike shop on the way home yesterday to see what they had for cleaning the face shield on the new helmet I bought a couple of months ago. This is what they showed me, so I bought a can. First off....this stuff is EXPENSIVE! :shock: Almost $30 for the can.
Anyway, I figured I'd give it a shot, so I tried it on the windshield first. WOW....what a difference. Windshield looks brand new...clear as it could be(I had been using regular glass cleaner). So I went on and used it on the face shield, and it cleaned it right up, no smears, scratches, distortion...nuttin! The face shield on this helmet was always clear, and I had not cleaned it at all since I bought it. It even sheds water pretty well, but it had gotten a little smudgy on the inside....mostly from me screamin at other drivers....I tend to spit a little, apparently.... :blush:

Anyway, just wanted to pass along this info on this product. It's high dollar, but the can should last me a couple of years...maybe. :eek:k:

When I bought my '83 it had a nasty smear across the center of the windshield. I decided someone had swung the corner of a cardboard box across it. I used Meguiar's PlastX cleaner and polish. It cleared that up along with several other small imperfections. It still looks like new today.
Considerably cheaper at around around 8 bucks.
https://www.detailedimage.com/Meguiars-M ... Mgod3BoAXA

I wonder if either one of those would work to clear this flakey stuff off the Burb taillights. Pep Boys had no ideas.
image.php

It looks a lot worse in real life.

I have ued the plexus for a long time. it has a way of getting rid of minor scratches and nicks on the windshield. I love the stuff. It is kinda pricey but a whole lot cheaper than a new shield.