LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently July 23rd, 2018, 9:21 am
Who Is Online: AApple, AE6SS ....1 guest(s) viewing this forum
Jump to:  

Portal » Forums » General Discussions » Forum Help and FAQ's » Forum Tutorials

Welcome to Classic Goldwings!
You are now viewing the forums as a guest which has very limited access to the forums.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#1  Unread postPosted: August 18th, 2010, 7:00 pm

Site supporter
knocker
C5 Club
Single Carb Club

Topic author

Total Posts: 20749
Active Topics: 824

Total Images: 4096
Local time: July 23rd, 2018, 9:21 am
My Bike Models: 1983 Interstate with '84 1200 engine, Solex single carb, and C5 ignition.
2016 KLR 650
My Bike Logs forum link: viewforum.php?f=122

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
What to do in your User Control Panel:

1. Go to your Shmoogle Map Profile- (Click Here)
2. Enter your location, your zip code is fine
3. Click on "Find it"
4."Check" Yes to show your marker on the map
5. Choose your map marker
6. Enter a note if you want
7. Scroll down and click submit

Please read this entire How-To thread.
This thread is locked but you can post a Reply in THIS FORUM if your still having trouble updating your Map location.

PLEASE! Use your Gallery album for saving pictures instead of using attachments or picture sharing sites, especially technical reference pics. This will make sure your images will ALWAYS be in your post and the discussion thread will make sense!
Go HERE and learn how to use the Gallery.

Image Image ImageClick to order CGW Stuff

If you know someone can embroider our 3" patch, let me know!
My photo gallery
How to use the Gallery, Part 1, Part 2

How to add your bike photo to the rotating banner and our Banner Rides Page.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#2  Unread postPosted: November 13th, 2010, 10:11 am

Site supporter
knocker
C5 Club
Single Carb Club

Topic author

Total Posts: 20749
Active Topics: 824

Total Images: 4096
Local time: July 23rd, 2018, 9:21 am
My Bike Models: 1983 Interstate with '84 1200 engine, Solex single carb, and C5 ignition.
2016 KLR 650
My Bike Logs forum link: viewforum.php?f=122

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
I'm getting emails about your map location being in the wrong part of the world and it seems there is some confusion how to fix that so here's a tutorial.

The system will not do this automatically when putting your location in your profile, the map is a separate setting all together.

Your default location on the map is set to somewhere in France. Here are the steps you must take to set your correct location and display a pointer.

1. Go into your User Control Panel
Attachment:
UCPbutton.JPG

Here you see all your personal account settings for various features of the forums,
click on "Shmoogle Map Profile"
Attachment:
UCPmenu.JPG

A new window opens. This is where you will be changing your personal map settings and location.
(Click on the picture for a larger image)
Attachment:
ShmoogleMapSettings.JPG

In this test account that's displaying you can see the default location pointer is somewhere South of France.
Your's will be somewhere similar the first time you visit these settings:
Attachment:
defaultMapLocation.JPG

To fix this, you need to enter your location in the "Set your location" line.
Your zip code is all that's needed to place your pointer close to home but you can enter your full address if you like.
Attachment:
ShmoogleMapLocation.jpg

I put in the address of a school I used to work at:
Attachment:
Addressfind.JPG

After clicking on "Find It" my pointer is moved to that location and no longer in France:
Attachment:
PointeratnewLocation1.jpg

All that's left is to tick "Yes" on "Show my marker on the Shmoogle map:" and make sure to click submit to save the changes.
Attachment:
showLocationOnMap.JPG

You can also change your pointer style and enter a comment that other members will see on the map under "Tab 2"

That's all there is to it!
Now when you go to the map your CGW member name will appear in the right column at top of the list with other members below you.
Attachment:
MappedUsers1.JPG

The default map size is zoomed way out because there are members from all over the world on it.
To see your location closer, you can move the map slider to + or double click in any area to zoom in closer.
You can also zoom in on your location or any other member location by clicking on their name in the list of "Mapped Users".

That's it, enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.

PLEASE! Use your Gallery album for saving pictures instead of using attachments or picture sharing sites, especially technical reference pics. This will make sure your images will ALWAYS be in your post and the discussion thread will make sense!
Go HERE and learn how to use the Gallery.

Image Image ImageClick to order CGW Stuff

If you know someone can embroider our 3" patch, let me know!
My photo gallery
How to use the Gallery, Part 1, Part 2

How to add your bike photo to the rotating banner and our Banner Rides Page.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#3  Unread postPosted: August 30th, 2011, 11:52 am

Total Posts: 526
Active Topics: 18

Total Images: 37
Local time: July 23rd, 2018, 12:21 pm

Profile Personal album

I think the program is working, (I just moved myself to California and back.) Every step must be followed and most of these forum mods do not come with a users manual! :Awe:

Things I suspect are being missed,

"Find it!" after typing the address

"Yes" on show me on the map

"Submit" at the bottom of the screen

Computer programs are unforgiving. Every step MUST be followed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.

Ron

Print view |
LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently July 23rd, 2018, 9:21 am