Clutch Nut removal tool

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Says it fits a GL1000, but it doesn't mention a GL1100....
Anyone know if the engines use a different sized nut on the clutch? In the Clymer manual, it shows how to "modify" a socket to fit, but it doesn't say the two engines need different sized sockets... :headscratch:

im not sure gerry ....ive never been in the clutch yet .....but it looks like it is it....dan will know ....i know that the crank nut is different than the 1100 than the 1000 :mrgreen:

Here's the post with dimensions for the one I made.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=339

I loaned it to somebody, If I had it I'd send it to you.
And now I don't remember who I sent it to so everyone might get an email asking to send it back to me :whip:

The link says it's 24 mm ID, what does 1 1/8" convert to?
If the same it should work.

i like to know how dan sends e mail to every member ....it would take me ...idont know how long to do that in my world :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

joedrum":wrerukto said:
i like to know how dan sends e mail to every member ....it would take me ...idont know how long to do that in my world :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

The system has a mass email feature.

dan filipi":3w4s5qw5 said:
The link says it's 24 mm ID, what does 1 1/8" convert to?
If the same it should work.
25.4mm = 1".
1 1/8" (1.125") = 28.6mm

I haven't needed to use these formulas in quite a few years. I hope they're right. Off the top of my head:
25.4(mm) X 1.125(") = 28.575 rounded to 28.6mm
1.125(") / .03937 = 28.575(mm)
For the life of me now I can't remember how to convert 24mm into inches. :oops: :blush: I'm guessing it would be close to a 15/16" socket. :?:

Please don't tell my kids I can't do math. :beg: :swoon:

scdmarx":2uofrj37 said:
25.4mm = 1".
1 1/8" (1.125") = 28.6mm

I haven't needed to use these formulas in quite a few years. I hope they're right. Off the top of my head:
25.4(mm) X 1.125(") = 28.575 rounded to 28.6mm
1.125(") / .03937 = 28.575(mm)
For the life of me now I can't remember how to convert 24mm into inches. :oops: :blush: I'm guessing it would be close to a 15/16" socket. :?:

You're right, 24 MM is very close to 15/16"
You had the number, .03937" = 1 MM so 24 MM X .03937" = about .945" and 15/16" is .937" just .008" smaller.

Here's one I made a while back for the swingarm, the allen wrench is to hold the inside bolt still after you torque it proper, so it won't move when tightening the lock nut, most guy's just mark it with soap stone[allen nut] and tighten the outer lock nut , usually won't move..You guy's gotta try that cut off wheel, I promise you that you will like it..I used a 27mm deep impact socket..I just cut a window in it..28mm will also work..

I wrapped the end of the socket with masking tape all the way around first then made all of my pencil marks with a mechanial pencil I found the tape to be most helpful on the second one because I mess up the first one ha ha.. :smilie_happy: this is one time you really need to put your safety glasses on..

joedrum":22y4iry1 said:
dremals are realy decent tools ...i use then all the time for stuff and those cutoff wheels are great .......
Hey Joe, how's your health man? That tool on ebay is really nice for the clutch, I'd buy it if I were gonna use it alot..

its been rough latly but im doing better now and played drums at a jazz fest last night ......and i thought it was going to knock me down today but im up and feeling good and im going to work on the doghouse in just a bit ....thanks beav i think of you a lot too ....i had a blast playing last night and was realy strong

joedrum":h1lr52f1 said:
its been rough latly but im doing better now and played drums at a jazz fest last night ......and i thought it was going to knock me down today but im up and feeling good and im going to work on the doghouse in just a bit ....thanks beav i think of you a lot too ....i had a blast playing last night and was realy strong
So You are a drummer...Me too.. :grin:

Thats a awesome looking drum littlebeaver it looks perfect.Great Job....you got some skills there bro :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: bet it sounds as good as it looks :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: .