Gizmos & Other Items

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wichita Scorpion

Reaction score
(Original post restored)

I posted this on another Goldwing Forum.

I ordered three Accu-pressure Caps for my GL 1100A with sidecar. Three at $4.99 each, plus shipping $2.97, total $17.94. They indicate a four pound drop in pressure, so I ordered ones two pounds above my tire pressures. So far they seem to be working well, at least not leaking.
https://www.helmetheadcyclegear.com...gi?exact_match=yes&product=Accu-Pressure_Caps

Another item that I read about on a forum is tire pressure gauges. I did some research on Digital Pressure Gauges and the Roadgear seems to be the best one plus it has a 90 degree head on it.
On the Sears Craftsman, some here wrote about having battery problems. My online research brought up more complaints about the batteries. The Craftsman has a 90 day Sears warranty, 1 year mfg. warranty.
The Roadgear digital has a life time battery, whatever that means, and a five year warranty. The original is small, has a carrying case, and very easy to use. The talking digital works well also but is larger and doesn't have a carrying case. I tried different air pressures and they seemed to be accurate with my new Accu-pressure caps. I ordered both as a combo, one for home and one to carry on the bike. The small one is $19.90 and the talking one is $24.90. The Combo, one of each, is $39.90. Shipping was $6.00.
https://www.roadgear.com/catalog/index.cfm?Series=3&SeriesTitle=Accessories

J. C. Whitney has different prices on online, email, and catalog sales. I complained a few months ago on the phone after receiving an order and received a $46.00 credit.
I just received a Battery Tender Junior. Search 528058 online and you get Retail $50.63, our low price $29.99. :crying: If you search 021-0123 online you get Retail $29.99, Sale $23.99. :oops: Both are the same Battery Tender Junior.

Now click on Order From Catalog at the top of the Whitney online page and type in ZXE528058X. You get Retail $29.99, Sale $19.99. This is what I did and received it today. :clapping: It has the quick disconnect for the battery and another set with alligator clips.

J. C. Whitney also has a 12-Volt Electric Blanket with Timer, MZ277000 for $22.99, retail $27.99. 42 inches wide by 58 inches long. Since I want to use it in my sidecar, I had to call on this one to check on wattage. Received it today and paperwork with it says that it draws 4 amps. At 12v that would be 48 Watts. With my LED bulbs I should be OK if I don't use the driving lights. Thought there might be another sidecar person that would like the blanket. :cool: