Looking for a good, all-around, mail-order parts provider

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cervantes

Reaction score
I need a clutch cable for my 1979 GL1000... I also need a chain and a sprocket for my VStar 250.

The best deals I have found on the cable was the Motion Pro at JC Whitney and at Powersport Superstore (through Amazon.) However, I have been reading up on both places and hearing of less than stellar experiences.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get parts for my classic Wing, and preferable the V-Star as well? I would love to find a place that could answer basic questions, have good prices, quick service, and have what I need? Just a solid mail order place?????

Any thoughts are appreciated. I need to get back on the road!

Cervantes

rock42":5kqucbip said:
i'm still buying parts for both of my wings from them, i know i can't get everything but i got most of what i needed so far.

That's weird, I just checked cheapcycleparts. Their selling parts for our bike again :music:
I've checked a few times in the last couple months and they weren't listing ours. (?)

:shock: :headscratch: I still don't see GL1100 listed in the drop down.... :shock:

Here's all of the GL1100 parts that come up @ cheapcycleparts....better than nuthin, I guess!

I bought some stuff from them a couple of years ago, and was very pleased with both the parts, and the service. :eek:k:

Ah HA!!! I figured out how to find what they have. Got to click on the "Find Parts for your Ride" button....sneaky bastiges! :smilie_happy:

Hmm, works for me and it does go to the parts fiche.

Capture.PNG

aaarrrrrrgh!!! :rant: The box Dan shows in his post, would NOT show any GL stuff...it was all 650-700-900, and ATV stuff for me. Must be something with this puter, I s'pose.
Anyway...they do still carry some GL stuff. :clapping:

AApple":3o3wyila said:
aaarrrrrrgh!!! :rant: The box Dan shows in his post, would NOT show any GL stuff...it was all 650-700-900, and ATV stuff for me. Must be something with this puter, I s'pose.
Anyway...they do still carry some GL stuff. :clapping:
That's what was happening to me but now it shows GL 1100.
Maybe it's a browser problem?

Maybe...but now when I go to the site, it already has "My Ride-'81 Goldwing GL1100 Interstate" in there! :smilie_happy: :headscratch:

Thanks for the tips! I went ahead and ordered from Bike Bandit. I felt so much better knowing that y'all had good experiences with them. There are so many lousy internet places these days, and if I had to guess I may have ended up with a bad one.

And the sooner I get the cable the sooner I can ride again! :moped:

Thanks,
Cervantes

I've also had pretty decent luck with Dennis Kirk, but then again, all I have ordered from them is tires, and the new stator for mine.