Hello

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipFlop

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings from Elwood Indiana. Well mostly. I drive a Semi and there when I can and give my GL love when I can.

I have been going through my bike bolt by bolt modding and repairing and re-modding things. The primary and major thing of discussion that my friend and landlord and the PO of my bike brought me to this site, is my converting it to a single carb VW set up.

Last weekend was rebuilding the forks and the few weekends prior was tweaking the carb, next weekend will be wiring I have installed a GL1200 ignition switch, rear trunk and matching locks. Everything works just really got to clean up the wiring it is a mess from whom ever installed the Pacifico front fairing.

Things to come are rear shocks and tires and possibly installing Hondaline side boxes.

I have been riding since I was 13 and I am now 45, I really like this bike and have owned a 1980 naked bike, and a 1982 Silverwing.

PS, I am also a member of the Patriot Guard of Missouri and Indiana (I just moved here last year from Missouri), so once I get things together when you see pictures of the bike it will be dawned in flags usually more than likely, unless I am on a ride across country.

That is all I know for now, I hope I can contribute at least a little and plausibly meet some people too for longer rides. :hi:

Attachments

• 0415180932b_Film1.jpg
    0415180932b_Film1.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 123