Tilting ramp trailer build

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics
image.php

Needed a trailer for home use and other things ...only 4ft wide ...but it’s 12ft long ...used to be a John boat trailer....

image.php

Used the winch to make a tilting ramp ...like for bikes or dump bed ....works great ..need to finish lights

Looks good! A trailer is a great asset, particularly when you are working on a home.

I built one like yours (but much shorter) a couple decades ago out of a boat trailer my grandfather had given me. Just bolted some treated 2x8s on the tilt fixtures, and 3/4" plywood onto them to keep them together. Hauled a garden tractor on it for years.

It must be trailer-building time. I just finished putting together a Harbor Freight 40 1/2 x 48 with 12" wheels. Wiring it was the hardest part, and I had to re-solder some Chinese solder joints and ran a solid ground wire down each side instead of relying on the frame. Bolted a 9"x72" loading ramp on for holding the bike on it. I'll use the other ramp for loading. Still need to add some boards or something to put my feet on. I've seen too many videos of people loading and when they ran out of leg, they went down! I need this to be one-man if needed.There is a 2x2" square tube under the front of by mounting ramp to support the weight of the front wheel. It was cut from the tongue of that old trailer back in the 80's. Never throw anything out!

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 86