What have you strapped to your bike?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-50Dave

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friday, at work, I found out that I would need to bring my handtruck home, to help a friend this weekend. I'd ridden my bike to work, so I bungee-corded it on top of my Igloo lunch box (in the passenger seat) and rear trunk. It stuck out a couple of feet past the back of the bike and looked, I'm quite sure, ridiculous. It got me thinking of times past and the various things I've strapped to my bike. I'm 19 and my full-time transportation is a '76 Kawi KZ400. My best friend had a cast from toe to hip and we needed to go somewhere, so we strapped his ankle to my D-ring crash bar and he wahooed it all the way, waving his crutches madly about. I also strapped my bass to the sissy bar, rising several feet above my head, to get to band practice. Recently I was given a Nantucket Beach Buggy at work and strapped that, along with my briefcase and lunchbox to my Honda Twinstar CM200! So, what have you strapped to your bike?

Well then, if we're talking about conventional loads, a pretty typical view would be:
IMG_3014.JPG

Long time ago, I strapped house hold air-conditioner to my Katana 750.
Obviously no pics.

It's not really on a bike but I strapped kid's tricycle and bicycle.

Three wheeler on a three wheeler.
DSCN1929.JPG

DSCN_6644.JPG

DSCN_6634.JPG

Only essentials!
Cold 30 pack of XXXX Bitter. :salute:
It was a 28 pack by the time we reached the campgrounds and I had a wet arse but that’s what happens when you push a CBR. :smilie_happy:

In 1983, with my Suzuki GN400 as my only transportation, I strapped everything to it. In the process of restoration work on a boat I bought for $50 back then, I had to strap on the tool bags, propeller shaft, propeller, extension cords, right angle sander and such.

:useless:

Your Right! So here is a pic with the tool bags (USCG provided) and propeller shaft still strapped on:

image.php

I have also been known to put one or two extra things on when camping? (That was before I got my Tag a Long trailer.)

image.php

About five times I've strapped a car tire on the 1800 - the last time about a month ago to take the tire 75 miles. I've also strapped computers, roto-mold tool cases, and various boxes from Amazon and eBay. If it fits, it ships!

Well... in some ways... I'm glad I didn't have a picture, but in others...

Back when I was in college...

My CX500D... with hard bags and trunk, Pacifico Aero II fairing with stereo...

There was two cheerleaders on the seat behind me.

One sitting on the fuel tank in front of me (more like... ON me...)
One standing on each floorboard (reaching arms across in front of me, and the cheerleader in front of me)
One on the trunk lid...
One on each saddlebag...

That's eight cheerleaders... and me driving...
We went about 60 feet... in a straight line, down the sidewalk...

Fortunately, they were all svelte little chicks, but suffice to say there was NO suspension travel left. :smilie_happy:

--------------------------------------------------

I had a guitar... a mix-match-mess of parts, all TEISCO junk... fitted eyelets in four places from local hardware store, and would strap it to the seatback of the trunk (headstock straight up in the air). I'd wait 'till it was a warm, humid, buggy night, and take it for a quick blast down through the Cedar River valley, to fill the headstock and fretboard with bugs.

Then I'd take it on stage and PLAY it. It sounded aweful, and looked disgusting... it was gross... and the crowed LOVED it...

---------------------------------------------------

Just this summer... on the back seat of my GL1200... I carried (on separate incidences)
- my Shindaiwa 575 chainsaw with 24" bar...
- a 50lb bag of kitty litter and a 35lb bag of cat food...
- My Steinberger Spirit-5 bass (the one in my profile picture) in it's little rectangular case... (actually, several times... it's really handy)
:hi: