What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winger 82

Reaction score
Thought this would be interesting here, I'll start,
It was not today but last nite I took the battery out of the ole Asppy for the winter and put her cover on :hi: :moped:

Looked @ the pictures of her on Computer today. :crying:
A day will come soon & I will be in the saddle again. :lust:

I did take the Helix out for a small lunch ride (40 miles) today which is a rare occaision to be able to do that in January in Central Wisconsin!

Well...Sunday, I did fire the thang up and let it run long enough to cycle the fan a couple of times. Took a while to get it to fire tho...it hasn't been run in a couple of months.... :crying: :fiddle:

I fired up the 80 and let it warm upand put a charge on the bat. Rolled the 82 outof the garage and put the charger on it. appears that I have to replace that battery. Started to clean the garb------garage, a long and tedious project ,I mey not have enough time for this(40 years of collecting). The honey do list did not Include the 80s faring,maby tomorrow with luck. Anyway the Dr. said that a M/C ride is not advised at this time SOOOOOOO :Awe: :crying: :head bang:
:cheeky: :roll: :fiddle:

I adjusted the terrible Big Bike Parts light bar. I broke part of the mounting fork off of one of the light cases. They give you a spacer that's twice as thick as it needs to be so I put a plastic spacer in its place. Alls well now but no more BBPs for this old man.
Tomorrow I ride!
Saturday is a funeral for a KIA here. The westboro baptist church is coming out to Redding to protest. We PGR riders will be there to do what we have to do to keep the family from seeing them. They are some sick puppies. :rant:

the PGR do a great job. We had a memorial servisc at our church for one of our heros and your group showed up :Egyptian: That other group threatende but diden't show. Keep up the good work. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Not today (1/12), but took her out last Sunday for a ride, put maybe 40 miles on her. Wanted to road test her with the new "regular" size bar grips, instead of the oversized Kuryakyn isometric grips that came on the bike when I bought it. Smoked a LOT at startup, and for several minutes afterward. It smelled mostly like gas, and was smoking out the left side muffler, so the fuel tap may not be completely shutting off. Maybe it's me, but compared to my '84 VT500 Ascot, that classic Wing is an evil handling bike, lol! Guess it's kinda like the difference between trying to get an aircraft carrier to turn and a cigarette boat! Great in straight lines, but not very confidence-inspiring when trying to turn at parking lot speeds. Got her back home, rolled her into the garage, cleaned her up with some furniture polish on a terrycloth rag, then covered her up. As long as the weather doesn't get too cold, and it's dry outside on a Sat or Sun, I'll be taking her out for some short spins, until spring gets here...But in the meantime, I do love pulling the cover off and looking at her!

She's a beaut, Robert!

I started mine, rode it to work and parked it right outside my office window so I could stare at it all day. Then, I rode it home!

Mark

bronzestarvue":upby88i4 said:
Smoked a LOT at startup, and for several minutes afterward. It smelled mostly like gas, and was smoking out the left side muffler, so the fuel tap may not be completely shutting off.
Not uncommon after sitting. Do you keep her on the center stand or side stand? When left on the side stand, it is not uncommon to smoke after sitting.

Also, even with the petcock closed, gas can leak out of the carbs while sitting. (Ask me how I know!)

viewtopic.php?p=2784#p2784

I wondered why I was willing to go for these damn work-arounds just to keep her on teh road everyday! Frackin horn is out now :rant: ... :head bang: Yup...First thought was Hmm where can I put a button? :smilie_happy:

~O~

Well got a new batt. for the 82 so I could see if i coule get it restarted.. No luck.. thethrottle is stuck. Lullws the linkage at carb 1 & 3 and found it to be stuck....Soooo I guess it will be carb cleaning time. But first the 80 needs to have the faring put back on, no more fooling with getting 40 years of buildup out of the garage and to h--l with the Dr. the 80 has to be taken for a ride before the rain hits. :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :music2: :music2: :good: :good:

Took apart my ignition switch for inspection and clean up, welded the starter stud back to the copper wire inside the case, chase down a drop in voltage to the electrical system, sand a little on the body for paint.