Gremlin Bell Exchange. Join in on the Camaraderie!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
Have you noticed that some riders have a small bell hanging off their motorcycle frame or handlebars? Have you wondered what the purpose is? Well, you have come to the right place. That little bell is more than decoration, it serves a very important purpose – it wards off gremlins, also known as evil road spirits.

You see, there are motorcycle gremlins that LOVE to ride, but they are also mischievous little devils and they cause all sorts of problems for you while you are riding. Some say they are responsible for that old lady in the minivan not seeing you and cutting you off in traffic. Or, you may be having trouble shifting smoothly, your battery goes dead, your turn signal suddenly refuses to work, an oil spill appears out of nowhere, you hit a patch of black ice, etc – you get the idea. Those little gremlins look for trouble and try to steer your bike towards it.

Now, once you get a bell on your scoot – it wards off these attacks from the little gremlins, not allowing any more to get onto your bike. If you already have some gremlins riding with you, they will get trapped in the hollow of the bell, and the constant ringing will drive them insane – causing them to lose their grip and fall to the roadway.

Do you have the protection of a gremlin bell? If you buy a gremlin bell of your own, the power works. If you receive the gremlin bell as a gift – the powerful magic of the bell is doubled. Do you have a friend who does not have a gremlin bell yet? Why not be the person to give them one, they'll thank you! The bell, and a good preventive maintenance program by the bike's owner, will help eliminate the gremlins

This is a proposed exchange of bells. So we all can get the best possible luck from our bells. If you would like a bell for your bike be prepared to exchange on a one for one basis. Here is how it will work. All those wishing to participate will post once for each bell they would like. When you post start first with your number in sequence of the post above. First poster in #1 second is #2 and so on. Regardless of the final count no one will be left out. At the end of the posting period. Everyone will be paired with someone through a secret process. Once you've been paired it is up to each person to contact your match and exchange info. If the two wish to personalize or not that is their choice.
This will be entirely on the honor system. Each person is free to buy his / her bell from whatever source they choose. They are available from many sources online, at jewelry stores, bike dealerships etc. Bells can be drop shipped or sent personally.
This will be an opportunity for all to learn a little more about fellow members here.

THIS SITE sells them. There are MANY different styles, quality and color but you can buy them locally if you like.
CGW does not make anything from the purchase.

Ride season is here. Let's have some fun with this.

If you do it for fun that is one thing....but a bell is a bell, not able to do anything more than ring! Demons are nothing to play around with!

mcgovern61":1hv7196i said:
If you do it for fun that is one thing....but a bell is a bell, not able to do anything more than ring! Demons are nothing to play around with!

On some recent forums I have visited, this kind of talk would bring out the "invisible friend" haters. But I will +1 you. :clapping:

Mark

Tough crowd here! No one is proposing you be superstitious. Just a bit more bling for our bikes and a chance to get to know each other a little better. Count me in for one.
#1. Slabghost

slabghost":2mu6dhyf said:
Tough crowd here! No one is proposing you be superstitious. Just a bit more bling for our bikes and a chance to get to know each other a little better. Count me in for one.
#1. Slabghost

No, not being tough about it. I realize it's all for fun and it's not like we're inviting trouble... Just sayin'. :wave:

Mark

I got my lucky charm.

crw0002.jpg

joedrum":25xksrz3 said:
yes thats the one i like too ron :hihihi:

It's mostly a reminder of the lucky P-38 that rolled with me through some scary shit. There was a time in my life that I was denied access to sharp objects. Ain't seen me lucky P-38 since. There are many like it, but that one was mine.

But..... in the spirit of camaraderie and small effort to overcome my social disorder, I'm honored to apply for the position of #6. :thanks: :yes:

Slabghost had the original idea to start this so he will be pairing everyone up at an undisclosed time.
Even I don't know!

There are lot's more members to jump in on this so how 'bout it!!

I will be #7.

Copy and paste the list then add yourself. It will make things easier.
#1. Slabghost AKA V.
# 2. mwbill37841
# 3. bk2valve AKA Brian
# 4. detdrbuzzard
# 5. toytender01
# 6. scdmarx
# 7. dan filipi

. Copy and paste the list then add yourself. It will make things easier.
#1. Slabghost AKA V.
# 2. mwbill37841
# 3. bk2valve AKA Brian
# 4. detdrbuzzard
# 5. toytender01
# 6. scdmarx
# 7. dan filipi
# 8. dan filipi

slabghost":3ttajfwh said:
. Copy and paste the list then add yourself. It will make things easier.
#1. Slabghost AKA V.
# 2. mwbill37841
# 3. bk2valve AKA Brian
# 4. detdrbuzzard
# 5. toytender01
# 6. scdmarx
# 7. dan filipi
# 8. dan filipi
Ah shweet, yes it does!

Ride bells are totaly ineffective against DEER! and you may as well still believe in the tooth fairy if your into using "DEER WHISTLES"... just my $00.02