NEW Members vs OLD Members **CHALLENGE** READ this please

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilcoy02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am challenging the new members-with less than 20 posts to the forum VS the members with more than 21 posts.

I am challenging all of you to use the donate button at the bottom of any page. I know Dan does not like to ask for money to keep the forum running.(Who does) It does cost money and TIME to keep the forum as good as it is. I am sure all of you have saved a buck of two from some information off this site.

We all know mechanics,electricians etc charge at least $50.00 an hour to give advise and work on different things.

So let's see if the new members can donate more than the older members in the next two weeks. I want to see everyone get the supporter logo under their name when they post. Even if you do not post you can still donate as you are visiting this site for info and guidance.

Starting now until May 27th Please donate. Hopefully Dan will give us a total of how many members donate and which might win the challenge. There is no prize to be given. Just bragging rights . After all we will all win.

You can also put on your calendars to donate each month. I do not think Dan would have a problem with that.

So do it NOW!!!! Donate what you can afford. A buck $5.00 or even $1000.00
please donate with your user name.

CLICK ON THE DONATE BUTTON NOW

After your donation Please come back and post ONE thing you have learned from this forum. Would love to hear the stories and how much this site might have saved you in time or money.

Donated May 3,2012. Learned and used so many ideas from this forum it's hard to name just one but causes of stator failure and preventative elimination of causes is saving me hundreds of dollars for the time being.

I have taken multiple instruction/tips from here. The latest would be what a difference a carb sync makes. Cut out the plug and solder the yellow 3 wires. The valve adjustment tutorial is a must read, even if you know what you're doing, or even just think you do. Adding a little ATF to the fuel. Feedback on vendors always helps. Inspiration from the midst of good company is a giant plus. :yes:
Even when I ride alone (which is usually) I feel accompanied by this website.

I too suffer from CRS, so that's all I can give you at the moment. :whistling:
I'm looking forward to being able to donate substantially more someday. :thanks: Because it's worth it.

Thank you wilcoy02 !Reading this post, I did it on the spot! Yes, it costs time and money to keep this forum going . If it helps you solve only one problem of your wing, the money you will save is worth any donation, even the smalest one!

I made a donation not all that long ago and ordered a sticker and patch, ordered the large one too, outstanding patch :clapping: , I like it..I have learned a lot of things on this site, this conversion thing is a really neato project..I think $10 or $20 bucks won't hurt anyone's pocket book..This truly is a very good site...I find the members here to be some pretty good guy's..Especially Gary..And Joe can't forget Joe... :smilie_happy:

littlebeaver":2a3ki1ot said:
I made a donation not all that long ago and ordered a sticker and patch, ordered the large one too, outstanding patch :clapping: , I like it..I have learned a lot of things on this site, this conversion thing is a really neato project..I think $10 or $20 bucks won't hurt anyone's pocket book..This truly is a very good site...I find the members here to be some pretty good guy's..Especially Gary..And Joe can't forget Joe... :smilie_happy:
And littlebeaver, can't forget littlebeaver. :thank_you: :moped:

I think this site is worth a lot more than a small donation , it doesn't matter if it's 5 or 10 bucks if everyone gave a little to the site it covers the cost of everything Dan needs to pay for..I'm sure it's not cheap....Most site's have advertisments and the owners get paid but some do not, this one I don't think has them..Let's say there's 1000 members regularly on here, if each person donated ten dollars or even $5.00 then he should be in good shape.. Less than a tank full of gasoline..

Sidewinder":eimq62ve said:
Chipped in what I could afford. This is a good site and well run.

How much do you have to put in before the "supporter" tag appears on your info?

I updated your profile.

Most times if there isn't a note with the Paypal what your forum name is I can find it by your email address but sometimes I get distracted then forget. :oops:
Whenever sending a donation please make a note what your forum name is as I have to manually edit the badge.

Thanks out to everyone that's donated.