Wingleader 1100 ride off center stand if you need one

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=88685#p88685:fqijuou8 said:
zman » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:01 pm[/url]":fqijuou8]
Found this on ebay for anyone interested, It`s a ride off stand for the GL1100 and replaces the center stand , It will sit lower and make upright parking on hot asphalt or grass a little safer as well as save your back lifting..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/330767023274?ss ... 1423.l2649
Shockingly, it is still available! Looks like I might be getting a backup center stand! I like the idea that it is lower and will allow easier hook up and letting go of my new trailer! :Egyptian:

Yea, I had that on my watch list and got sick of seeing it listed so I deleted it. I bought one like it for my 1100 but you have to remove the exhaust to mount it so I haven't, I`m waiting for a secondary reason to pull the exhaust...might be awhile.
Drag Specialties makes it if it means anything.

Do me a favor and post or PM me your opinion when you get it on, I remember my other reason was my tires are worn and was sort of waiting to mount the tires as well, guess I can use a wood block under the easy stand to get it higher if needed.

Will do Jeff!

I know I have to drop the exhaust briefly, but I think this stand will help me physically with a pinched nerve in my low back.

New ride off stand is in!!

image.php

At first glance, it looks like it will drop the bike about 2"-3" down from the OEM centerstand.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=147651#p147651:2nrswyt5 said:
mcgovern61 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:14 pm[/url]":2nrswyt5]
New ride off stand is in!!

image.php

At first glance, it looks like it will drop the bike about 2"-3" down from the OEM centerstand.
Paint it or who cares?..Wondering if the spring is the same length as the stock, mine didn't come with a spring or roll pin but i`m guessing the pin is the same.

I'm gonna clean it up and paint it to match the new paint on the bike frame. I won't be getting to it right away. I am in the middle of two major home projects right now.

FYI, I intend to take lots of pics and measure this stand to draw it up on paper.

If this one works like I think it will, I believe it will be a good idea to have good plans to create another one. It my daughter ends up with an 1100 (which she still wants), this stand will make it real easy for her short stature to get it on the centerstand.

Decided not to paint it after looking at my recently painted centerstand and seeing that it is already scraped up and dirty. :cheeky:

The jury is still out on this one! :shock: While it lowers the rear tire to the ground and is fairly stable in that position, I must have read the instructions wrong on how to get the bike up on the stand. :swoon:

I had a pretty easy method for getting my bike up on the OEM stand, but it does strain my right arm doing it. With this stand, there is no lifting involved. The only way I can get the bike on it seems to be by holding it down with my foot and pulling the bike backwards onto the stand. Now I am straining both arms????

There must be a trick to this??? :head bang:

I wonder if it gripped the pavement more it might be easier, thinking a durable rubber where it initially contact the pavement then it might be easier. Maybe try some orings first to test the theory then if it works use some heater hose or something more durable.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149358#p149358:1lqlown1 said:
slabghost » Sun May 24, 2015 2:53 am[/url]":1lqlown1]
Take it out of gear!
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

WOW, do I feel like a dummy!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

It must really be true that it is hard to teach an old guy something new (at least new to me). :hihihi:

With the OEM stand, I would center the legs of the stand, right foot on the peg while lifting up on the side of the seat and it would go straight back and up with a minor amount of effort.

The same method DOES NOT work with the new to me ride off stand. I must have really looked like an idiot trying all different methods to get this bike up on the new lower stand and fighting it every step of the way. :cheeky:

Then......(here it comes).......it dawned on me that it is a "ride off" stand. So, doesn't it make sense that reversing the direction of the stand would work? Of course the bike doesn't have reverse. But, by pulling backwards right at the seat while holding the stand with my foot and it slipped right up on the stand! :yahoo:

I did it several more times to prove to myself it wasn't just a fluke! It couldn't be that easy could it??? YEP, it is that easy! :oops: