Pate Swap Meet

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
Any of youse local D/FW folks going to the swap meet this weekend? Mama & I will be out there tomorrow, for as long as we can be, or until we've gone thru the whole thing, whichever comes first.

Oh man, do I miss the Pate meet! Lived in Houston and restored a coupla old Chevy's while there. Pate was invaluable. I wasn't looking for bike parts at that time, but even so, don't remember a large cycle section... has that changed?

There are sometimes some older bike stuff vendors there, mostly Hardly stuff. This year they are supposed to have a large "Antique bike" swap meet area....we shall see.

Walkin up/down 1/2 mile long "streets", towin a wagon up the hill one way, down the other, lookin for anythin I think I just cain't live widout, all while tryin to not get runned over by drunks on barstool scooters....what could possibly be more fun that that??? :smilie_happy:

I thought at first you were saying you were pushing a chain uphill dodging the drunks :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

It's nice to be in my own little world at times :mrgreen:

Hope you found some goodies.

:smilie_happy:

Mama & I survived the swap meet.....almost made it all the way thru this year before we both got tuckered out. The powers that be out there apparently put a stop to the a-holes(drunk or otherwise) runnin around runnin over folks, so that was a BIG plus. Apparently, someone DID get killed last year due to that stuff, so it was far more safe this year. Still not as many vendors as we like, but not too bad either. I wound up with 10 "new" toys for the collection, and.....even tho I wasn't lookin, I DID buy anudder 1500 Goldwing(an SE). Same Pearl Sierra Green as the '96 and everything!! Missing the brake/turn signal lenses on the trunk, but I couldn't pass it up for the money. Pics later. :BigGrin:

As promised...pics of the new($5) 1500 SE....

It'll be parked right next to my 1800 that I got in NM several years ago....

:smilie_happy: :BigGrin: :smilie_happy: :BigGrin: