Passenger floorboard risers for gl1200 aspencade

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wreckster

Reaction score
I took the wife on a long ride today. She doesn't have many complaints about the wing, thankfully. Infortunately, she's on the shorter side of 5'3" and doesn't quite reach the floorboards. I am hoping there might be a floorboard riser of sorts? I haven't much luck in my searches. I'd like to keep the mounting looking clean if possible, not a mess of brackets and stuff.

Here's what I fashioned for my vertically challenged rider.
20170527_191053.jpg

There are 3 bolts in the bottom that fit into the foot board - works well. These are 3 inches in height. Blend in quite well.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191116#p191116:14mnudyx said:
Rednaxs60 » Yesterday, 10:21 pm[/url]":14mnudyx]
Here's what I fashioned for my vertically challenged rider.

There are 3 bolts in the bottom that fit into the foot board - works well. These are 3 inches in height. Blend in quite well.
file.php
That's kinda what I was thinkin'. 2x4s.

Used several pieces of 5/8th ply screwed together and shaped to suit foot board. Will send more pictures later today when I get back from our road trip. Nice little 4 day tour of BC.

Here are a couple more pics of the foot board risers. My lady is 5'3 1/2" and she likes these. This is how I attach the risers:View attachment 1The three bolts correspond to holes in the foot boards. The holes I drilled in the foot boards are hardly noticeable. Here is a picture of the lift - it's 2":
Foot Board Lift Size.jpg

Cheers

Attachments

• Foot Board Connectors.jpg
    Foot Board Connectors.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 99
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191132#p191132:1cwo4gsq said:
Ohara » Today, 6:56 am[/url]":1cwo4gsq]
Did you get your other 85 LTD home?

The LTD in Ontario will have to wait a bit. Life, family and the amount of time available is getting in the way.

Just finished this short tour of BC, have a couple of weeks then off for another 5 day trip up into the ice fields with the HD group - guys only. Then off to Ontario for my sister's 65th, back here for Sonya's Mother's b'day, then a wedding, then another little jaunt up into the interior I think. After this, have to look at riding schedule. Want to make at least one more week trip this year.

Talked to my brother and told him that he will have to take care of it for another year and he is fine with that. I will be home at Xmas for 3 or so weeks and will be setting it to work then. If it starts and keeps running will get it ready to ride. Three weeks should be able to get a lot done, then return in the June, 2 to 3 more weeks then ride it out.

Plan is very flexible because I have talked to my friends and suggested a Yukon trip next year, maybe three weeks.

Cheers.