Some Funk In My Trunk!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The old trunk was in sad shape. I had considered tossing it in the recycle bin on several occasions, but I just can't throw something away that might have a use someday. Then it struck me - a speaker system!

I cleaned 'em up, drilled out the rivets on the bottom half and removed the steel frame. I used it as a template to mark a 1/2" piece of hardwood for the woofer baffle.

The board was cut and trimmed to fit tightly in the frame.

Once everything is just right, I'll seal it up and put 1" screws in the rivet holes.

I still need to refinish the lid, but it fits perfectly and keeps things nicely hidden.

Holes cut, self-adhesive shelf liner applied and 12" woofers set in place. It needs to be wired, and the midranges and tweeters installed in the front of the lid, but that's for another day. More pics and maybe a video to follow...

I am disappointed that you didn't instal a barbecue in the trunk :salute:

Looks cool. Got the cool-factor happening.
Shy on air space in there, but still cool.
Now, better squirrel-cage an alternator up front for the 1000W amp out back to pump it all up.

Been thinking of a system for the daily rider.
I like it LOUD.
He gave me an idea for a trunk I have. For something I've been working on.
LOUD needs power, ...needs juice for the power.
And I needed more direction. I just got it.
"Power to the 'Wing"
Yeah, That's The Ticket!
Thanks Steve. Like shot in the arm you are.

that's way safer than riding around with a Ghetto Blaster up against your ear..!!

God work !!!

Latest posts