couple 1200 mutts getting doghouse resurection - Enter Jyd

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just got back from trip to north Carolina and picked yp these the 1200 twins

im very excited about these bikes ....theres going to be couple custom dresser builds going on ...something most don't consider

so the doghouse is busy ...some pics ....
image.php

pi of me home safely and smoking a cigg in releaf the trip was over
image.php

pic of derrick and north Carolina target for bikes
image.php

pic of standard at loading up next to dresser ...it was tight

pics after I got unloaded ill just not comment on how that went ...we all survived ..me and the bikes :shock: :heat: :mrgreen:
image.php

image.php

I really like the look of the basic modle dash in the 1200 dresser seems there always computer lcd
image.php

image.php

:yahoo: :yahoo: Oh man, joe, what a find, the goldwing gods have smiled on you. I can't wait to see what you do with those two, especially the naked. :clapping: :clapping:

They don't look like there's to many major parts missing and the plastic, upholstery looks to be in good shape on the Interstate, I know your going to see if they will run first thing, You could make a nice long distance road machine out of that Interstate.

yes the naked is no hooch by any means ....but it is a pristine 841200 standard ...being a convicted oldwing molester ...I have to monitored closely when around such virgin oldwing :lust: :whip: ...the plan is to fix the front end ..its a wreck victom and keep it as stock as we can get it ...this bike runs well and is top notch stock example and yes it was a heck of a find im very glad to have found them ....this dresser and my dresser angry is getting full doghouse extreme dresser mods to see what can be the next level dresser...like hooch is to naked oldwings :mrgreen:

I like the standard - now there is a thread i really will follow ..!! :smilie_happy: :hi:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85122#p85122:3oys0lz6 said:
dan filipi » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:53 am[/url]":3oys0lz6]Are these getting the early 1000's cam treatment?

They are barely unpacked and you are putting ideas in Joes head already? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85124#p85124:1wfbl2do said:
Ansimp » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:23 am[/url]":1wfbl2do]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85122#p85122:1wfbl2do said:
dan filipi » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:53 am[/url]":1wfbl2do]Are these getting the early 1000's cam treatment?

They are barely unpacked and you are putting ideas in Joes head already? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yeah :smilie_happy:

Wanting to read a hoochinstate build :yes:

nah tony I needed no priming the pump on that issue yes ...they are getting early cams in the dressers that are being worked on ...thinking of trying 1200 carbs on hooch to see how they do ....might be perfect setup for the moded dressers bringing in some really smooth running down low in rpm and the enricher circuit is a great thing for a dresser to have ...so that's some of the thinking ....and im thinking the early cams and heads will provide upper rpm improvement ....with the intake runners running tapered to heads ...then open up to larger head port and valve ...flow rate trauma seems would be lessen and increase the carbs efficiency at higher rpm than stock 1200 heads ....hmmmm sounds good anyway ...will see what happens when hooch trys the 1200 rack

Aspy is getting Hooched. Standard will get ridden.

Edit- Aspy is now named "Jyd"
standard is the "Refugee"

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85128#p85128:3okqiyvt said:
slabghost » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:02 am[/url]":3okqiyvt]Aspy is getting Hooched. Standard will get ridden.
Ok so it will be a Hoochencade. Cool.

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: I just went back a looking at them pictures trying to find the wreck damage, still can't find nothing that jumps out at me, and under the last picture, the fine print says slab is the proud owner of these two wings. I think there might be hints of a conspiracy going on with him :laptop: and joe :laptop: on these projects :shock: . Just joking guys :mrgreen: , it's a great find and can't wait to see the :builder: threads on them :popcorn: :popcorn: . :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Dan: A HoochenCade, :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Well, I never. :moped: Had me rolling on the floor.

put some forks on in north carolina to load the dresser and the dresser front is on the standard ...so its getting covered as it goes ...the standard was hit hard in the front ....bent the forks like horseshoes almost ...part of test riding it was to see how it rode it did well seems the forks took most of it ....lower frame some and motor mount broke. lucky it didn't trash the block ...it was as close as it gets to that happening mike I was so amazed things were so unharmed by it all.