Watch your backs my friends

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clothednblack

Reaction score
So, today was a very sad day here at home.  My inlaws went on a motorcycle ride (very experienced, been riding for ever) took just one bike out for a road trip. While away from home, they came up to a crosswalk that a pedestrian was standing at. The car in the left lane was stopped, my father inlaw moved to the right lane, came to a stop as well. A pickup truck was behind him and also merged to the right lane but unfortunately wasn't paying full attention and didn't stop. Both inlaws were thrown from the bike, my father has bumps and bruises and scrapes, my mother in law didn't get so lucky. All my dad could do was hold her hand and tell her to hold on, fight, stay with him, but she didn't even blink to his words, she didn't make it. My wife wanted me to change my mind about buying another motorcycle (was getting one in October, been riding for years). She has never asked me to change my mind, give up a dream or change anything about me or my vehicle preference. Today changed everything, all because some (you know what I want to say!) person, wasn't paying attention while operating a moving vehicle. My helmet is for sale, I won't get another motorcycle and I'm ok with that because the helmets didn't make a difference, the years of riding didn't help her, the control was on a personal that didn't have anything to do with the bike, other than take the life of one of its occupants. I'm done! Today, as sad as it is, is also the start of a new way of thinking.
Please, keep all eyes on the road, nothing is more important than what's in front of you while you are in motion.

Have been rear ended numerous times in car I've lost count.
It's made me scan mirrors to watch what's going on back there especially when coming to a stop or stopped. Leave myself an out whenever possible.
Yes watch your back, they are out to get us.

Sorry for your loss.

Deepest condolences to everyone involved. A moment of distraction is all it takes. The driver of the truck is probably a perfectly decent guy...we all get distracted. he now has to live with what he did. Sad for all involved.

A series of medical issues has brought an end to my riding days as well. Like a river, sometimes life changes course, and all we can do is go with the flow.

I'm getting back on 2 wheels, just ordered my new ride (not a goldwing) so I guess I'll have to move to a new forum [PENSIVE FACE]. Can't wait to pick it up though [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES].

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=182944#p182944:367y3xjj said:
clothednblack » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:13 pm[/url]":367y3xjj]
I'm getting back on 2 wheels, just ordered my new ride (not a goldwing) so I guess I'll have to move to a new forum [PENSIVE FACE]. Can't wait to pick it up though [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES].
:popcorn: :popcorn: