• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

When they're gone, they're gone!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fogey

Reaction score
Due to the mould for the swing arm seals being lost, mislaid, vanished into thin air etc., my GL1000 KZ (suitable for all years) swing arm bearing kits with our Randakk/WinGovations seals are going to come to an end. I have the last lot of seals coming over, should be here in a few days, enough to do 20 kits.
So first come, first served.
https://www.wingovations.com/kz-sa-bearings/4579471072

wow that was a rather a messed up looking pivot bearing ....thank you for providing what honda drop in parts ...personally my bike so modded i cant use stock set up parts on hooch as it has a 1200 swing arm and final drive in a 1000 frame

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=183914#p183914:17jo6zgq said:
dan filipi » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:20 pm[/url]":17jo6zgq]
Thank you for doing what you do, John.

Well Dan, my aim right from the start of WinGovations back in 2010 ( gee, is it really that long?? ) was just to try to help keep these old dinosaurs of ours on the road. But it's hard when you get idiots who manage to lose an expensive mould due to losing his business, which was down to losing out on his third divorce!
With him out of business, Randall moving on in his life and the fact that the seals were very slow moving, I decided it wasn't worth the expense of pursuing getting more made. I reckon I have sold maybe 100-110 sets since I started them in 2012; that's only just over 200 seals. Moulders quote in thousands!

That's it now. All gone.

Knowing that these kits were going to come to an end, I have been looking into alternatives.
The biggest problem with the GL1000 s/a bearings is the pivot collars. They are so very expensive to have made in small quantities. Machine shops that have the needed heat treatment facilities are usually too big to want to know about it, or will quote silly money, which is why I had to stop having them made some time ago.

I'm looking at a completely different system to the Honda way. Something that will take the place of the main bearings, pivot collars and seals. This is a long way off; still in the thought processes although I have drawings made up and I know what space-age material I want to use. The biggest delay will be getting my old lathe up to scratch, and that's a big job, so don't go holding your breath!