My SCC adventure

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is a 1000 engine with points.

I assume a air is supposed to bleed around that plug? I'll give that jet another good cleaning before reinstalling.

PSX_20170806_190345.jpg

Jets got a thorough cleaning today. I'll get the back in and see if this helps.

BTW, 3 vacuum ports are capped. This is correct?

Hmmm, I wonder if one is an air inlet? I'll look up a diagram and post.

Hmmm, I wonder if one is an air inlet? Look at #12, is that capped or open?

IMG_0394.JPG

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194375#p194375:1554xgl4 said:
slabghost » 5 minutes ago[/url]":1554xgl4]
11 and 12 are drilled in the lower body. Vac ports are not listed at all on this diagram.

I see that. The 2 ports on the front side of that pic are plugged. Should #12 be unplugged?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194377#p194377:2301kxgs said:
cmyoch » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:23 pm[/url]":2301kxgs]
This pic shows it plugged.

file.php
What you see plugged in this picture should be plugged. 12 is under the top cover of the carb.

Okay good, that's what I initially thought. Now that the jets have soaked for a day and appear clear, I'll try to start it again. I'm wondering if there was a clog in the jet that is on the outside of the carb (the one with the plug in it). I assume that air is supposed to bleed around that plug in the middle?

Jets back in, fuel on and the bowl is full. I get the same initial sputter. I'll play with the settings starting at 1 turn out and go up to 3. Hopefully I can get her to fire up and stay running! She sounds like she wants to go!

OOOOOHHHHHH!! she's wanting to run. I got a continuous low idle at 2 turns out.

I quickly shut it off because I noticed some fuel pooling under the bike. It was leaking at the joint between the left side manifold and muffler. I pulled the oil cap and didn't smell fuel in the oil. I'm wondering if all the pumping prior today filled the manifold with raw gas and it ran into the left side exhaust manifold because it leans to that side on the side stand?

EDIT: I pulled the spark plugs and turned the bike over. No fuel sprayed out of the head. It does drip out of the manifold still. I may let it sit outside in the sun for a while to try to evaporate what's in there.

Also, could the accelerator pump be a culprit? I believe that pumps raw fuel straight down the carb into the manifold. Maybe it's adjusted to high (if it's adjustable that is).

look at the accel pump linkage. Arm moving the pump may have several holes for linkage rod if it does it is adjustable that way.

Where is this setting at also?

709786.jpg

If it isn't in the middle, try it there. If it is in the middle, move it to one extreme and then the other to see if there is a change, but the accel pump should only be pumping fuel in with a twist of the throttle.