What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194492#p194492:2rkyg12e said:
Ansimp » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:09 pm[/url]":2rkyg12e]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194483#p194483:2rkyg12e said:
detdrbuzzard » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:02 am[/url]":2rkyg12e]
I've had a zumo 660lm on the wing for about two years now but had never wired up the cradle for power. today I spent about 40 minutes getting power to the cradle
Hopefully I don't take two years for these.. :smilie_happy:
would have been done much sooner if I didn't spend soo much time on the mighty ST 1300

Working on cleaning up the garage...

image.php

Looks like I am taking a trip West...

Yep! Looks like you'll regain a little space. Trailer I borrowed for the rest of the bikes trip seems to be a bit bigger but it's empty right now. See you monday!

I have installed the new Pyle tuner and marine speakers. Pretty straight forward as far as wiring is concerned. I initially hooked it up to the accessory port, but it was going to be a hassle re-programming it every time I got on the bike. So I hooked it up directly to the battery. I'm told that the memory will drain very little off the battery so I'm going to leave it there for now. We'll see.

Here is the radio (200w) and the speakers (100w). Less than $60 on Amazon with the Prime membership the shipping was free. Speakers included. The tuner has all kinds of inputs, USB, etc.

Pyle_1.jpg

Pyle_Speakers.jpg

You can see that I cut the bottom part of the radio plate a bit too much but I had problems getting the radio in. My last unit was quite a bit smaller and the angle was tough to get it to fit. It's in there but it is not perfect. There are a bunch of small holes in the fairing around the speakers that I need to plug and would take suggestions. The radio, for the money, sounds so much better than what I had before. But not to be content I decided I needed some rear speakers too. Sooo.

Rear_Speakers.jpg

I used the old Clarion enclosures and put them on the rear trunk. After messing with the fade and other settings the whole thing sounds pretty damn good. At some point I will upgrade the front speakers but for now I'm jammin. I know, I had to drill holes in the truck, but it's my bike and I can do what ever I want to it.

BTW the radio has some very nice red LEDs so it looks very cool at night. I have a new antenna coming that will be here on Monday so the reception should be even better. The antenna I have now can be pulled off the bottom as it is not secured. The new one has to be better.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194702#p194702:1bmpsmvc said:
joedrum » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:42 pm[/url]":1bmpsmvc]
So you rode it home v ?

No Joe, the head gasket is gone so I met him half way and then we moved the bike from one trailer to another.

image.php

If anyone was watching, they would have thought we had done this several times before.

One gets good at anything, after a while, :hihihi: dealer wanted to fasten straps onto turn signals to haul home on the trailer. :roll: Glad at least ONE of us knew better.

Just to add a little interest to the story. The starter in my truck appear to have locked up. I unfortunately forgot it was in gear when I had the trailer positioned and stalled it. So we got the bike transferred and strapped on. Then we pushed it backwards and I popped the clutch to get it running again. After I got home and unloaded the bike I again had to roll start it backwards to return the trailer.

just got home from dropping my wing off at my niece's house, we are heading to Coudersport, pa. in the morning. I would have liked for her to ride her wing but the front tire is too bad for serious road work

Finally installed the radiator, gremlin bell and power feed on Val. Also went for a strap to Springwood for Saturday coffee.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194860#p194860:ko63iajp said:
desertrefugee » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:18 pm[/url]"]uhh, a "strap"? (ride?)
:good: