Setting clock on '86 Aspy SE-i

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTgl1000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Fellow Oldwingers,

I cant get my clock or time zone to set, the clock always reads 1:00 and the time zone is flashing in the Pacific zone. The pic shoes the clock and time zone (key off) and wont reset or change. Key on I cant get to the clock feature, seem's all other features on the LCD panel work properly ,I think I maybe doing it wrong?
Any thought's?
(the clock button was missing when I bought it)

Attachments

• Clock and Time zone.jpg
    Clock and Time zone.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 98
Unfortunately that doesn't work, pushing the clock button with the key on doesn't change the display, turning left or right nothing happens, pic of display with key on, I am wondering since the button is missing, it is corroded inside the switch and is it serviceable?

Attachments

• Key on.jpg
    Key on.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 97
An old trick with controls like that is to turn it both ways it’s entire travel repeatedly to “clean” the contact surfaces. Might try that with the button pushed in, or it may need contact cleaner sprayed on it also.
Be sure to use plastic safe electrical contact cleaner. I mistakenly used some once that wasn’t and it melted the plastic.