Hey Shinko guys! lil help please (fixed link)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, pulled the trigger. :BigGrin: We'll just see about these Shinkos.

Going to do Joel's trunk flip, and I also plan to try the zip tie trick to get it mounted myself. I will also use the Dynabeads I was talked out of using last time.

~O~

Randy that is the tyre that I am running on the rear of Val. It is a little harder than the A230s which I would of preferred but they are not available in my rear tire size. Theoretically the harder compound should translate into longer lasting.

Nice thanks Ansimp, as for the Dynabeads I was with george(vegaswingnut) and he doesn't really like them and the tire was mounted at a harley type shop and that guy started talking about bouncing wheels. Together they spooked me. The thing is I know they are great. My 1100 never handled better until I used the beads.

~O~

Beads saved my bacon when I was on I95 heading for Florida on the Standard. Grandma and Grandpa slammed on their brakes is front of me and I rear-ended them doing about 35 to 40. The forks were compressed so thankfully I had no damage but, it shook like a bitch for about two seconds and just stopped. I'm not sure that I would have had the same result with lead weights on the wheel.

Beads or weights, as long as your tires are correctly balanced I don’t think that you can go wrong. I always wanted to try Ride-On as they claim it to be a dynamic balancer and tyre sealer that doesn’t make a mess of your rim or tire.

I got the best mileage, and the least road hazzard damage from the Shinkos on The Turd, compared to the Dunlops or Bridgestones. I went with Dunlops on the 1500 for various reasons, but if they turn out to be less than expected, I'll replace them with Shinkos.

The E3's do very well on the front, on the rear I'd say just at the upper end of "good mileage."

Shoot, when you consider the weight of these behemoths, do any of the companies really make an adequate tire for the rear? Also, why would they if they could? They are all laughing all the way to the bank.

~O~

The E2 my 1100 had on it when I bought it looked nearly new. I replaced it and the wheel together. Recently I put it back on because I didn’t want to get a new tire at the time. It performed well, and was still almost new in tread but over 10 years old. No cracks either, so I’ve found the solution to tire wear. Buy VERY old stock. The rubber gets super hard, and resists both punctures and wear!

Just kidding.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199354#p199354:1bhmabdx said:
Ansimp » Yesterday, 4:05 am[/url]":1bhmabdx]
Beads or weights, as long as your tires are correctly balanced I don’t think that you can go wrong. I always wanted to try Ride-On as they claim it to be a dynamic balancer and tyre sealer that doesn’t make a mess of your rim or tire.

I have used Counter Act balancing beads (similar to Dyna Beads) and Ride-On balancing formula. Prefer the Ride-on formula. The Michelin Commander II tires are coming up on 23,000 Kms and still have lots of tread left using Ride-On balancing formula. Will be changing this year because of touring, don't want to change while away.

Going to use Shinko Tourmaster tires on the bike in Ontario. Economics and it is the second bike.