MAKING A TRIKE

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0557.JPG

you probably wouldn't believe me if I said I have been on the electrics for 13 months and this is what I have to show for it.
Not a pretty sight, not helped by having added a pile of wires to split the headlights horn and indicators and extra stuff like the starter switch and voltmeter.
I shall have to find a way of stuffing it out of sight somehow.

IMG_0558 (1).JPG

and not any prettier seen from here. But most of it seems to work, so far. Still got the fuel gauge to fit.

IMG_0554.JPG

Which seems too big for its hole, but there was nothing else there when I pulled it apart.

IMG_0556.JPG

So I have cut out a rubber sheet to fill the gap.

IMG_0553.JPG

I don't have the right parts manual for this model so this spring and the gauge fitting itself aren't shown, but it looks fairly straightforward to reassemble.

Fuel line next.

That wiring looks like 13 months worth of fiddling, to me. I'd think I'd have more of a mess than that if I was doing it :smilie_happy:
Best of luck and keep on making progress :good:

FUEL LINE

Looking forward from the back:
Stripey gold thing at top is the tank, red wheel the on/off tap, fuel line standard stuff, runs forward. Stainless pipe clamps.

rev7.JPG

Running forward to the inline filter. Where your fuel tank sits is my battery box. I will strap the fuel line to the frame.

rev10.JPG

Closer look; I will probably shorten the lower fuel line a few inches.

rev9.JPG

The engine paintwork has taken a beating over the last 6 years.

A nice winters job sitting by the Aga, although I had to brave the cold to turn down a piece of badly sawn 3x10.
Cavity cut for seating the Rev counter assembly.

clock1.1.JPG

It is held together by a thin, spun collar that I prised open to dismantle it. I carefully dressed the collar using a drift to get it back into shape so it fitted into the recess in the wood.

rev4.JPG

Because of age, arthritis and probably too much whiskey, I have to improvise to hold things tightly. Thus this whole assembly.

clock1.3.JPG

This pic, ignoring the coke and Economist, shows the underside with the instrument housing pulled down tight using the 2x4mm threaded holes.

clock1.4.JPG

The top is secured by 2 bent straps. All this pushes it together with some force and the next step is to figure out a way to fold the lip of the collar back over the glazed cover. Needless to say I would rather not attempt this with a hammer.

clock1.5.JPG

To be continued, I hope

IMG_0095.JPG

I'm not recovering as I would like but now mate Ken calls on often to do the hard stuff for me, which is really good

This is where we are up to now

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

Problem now is getting the left hand cylinders firing. Had the carbs done by Old Fogey so they are good. Just going through points and timing again