Hello from an old rider in Louisiana

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat Gavel

Reaction score
I'm 59, been riding since I was 6, lots of years and lots of bikes, but never a Goldwing. Found a 'basket case' a few months back that just needed some tlc after having the body pulled apart and sitting for a few years. Runs pretty good after a fuel pump jiggle and the carbs rebuilt, probably missing a vacuum line somewhere, but she ran down the road. Still trying to figure out where the hell all these body parts go (3 huge bins worth + new seats etc.) and how they attach as the guy put all the screws in one container instead of back where they go when he disassembled it. Anyway, she's my current project bike and I thought I'd better get some input from people that have experience with these beasts. I currently ride a Coyote Custom retro WideGlide hot rod with an 88 cu in S&S Evo I built with a 4 spd and a GSX-R750K1 for when I feel a need for more speed. I was working on a GL1200 Madura until this Goldwing came along.

Attachments

• IMAG0209.jpg
    IMAG0209.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 106
Welcome from beautiful Indiana. Never mind any Harley digs you might see. All in good fun...I guess. :yes:

Keep posting pics of your work.

Welcome from an older rider in Arizona. I don't have a 1500 wing, but I do have a 1500 Valkyrie. Same basic motor - similarities pretty much end there. But, there's plenty of help to be had here on your new project.