Teardrop Camper Build

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I have out-lived/lost my "great mind" card (70 next month). My car & truck both have backup cameras, but using a camera for lane changes never crossed my mind.

Thank you, gentlemen.

:yes: :eek:k: :good: :thanks:

A big thank you for the rear view camera idea. :good: EBay has many different models, now to decide which one.

Still need to attach battery, run 12V wires, attach lights, build the rear hatch, bolt the body to the frame, finish the detail painting, and finish the inside.

Some progress made :builder: , pics attached.

Attachments

• 28 - Right side.jpg
    28 - Right side.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 27 - left side.jpg
    27 - left side.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 26 - Rear view.jpg
    26 - Rear view.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 151
Took the camper to Carlyle Lake for 2 days, thought the 2 great-grand-daughters (10 & 7) were spending the night. Nope, scheduling errors, so it sat unused for 2 days. Had an almost tornado (60 mph winds and inches of rain), so I brought it back home.

Kerryb & joedrum : Does this place look familiar?

Attachments

• Teardrop at Boulder, carlyle lake.jpg
    Teardrop at Boulder, carlyle lake.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 126
  • teardrop at Boulder.jpg
    teardrop at Boulder.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 117
Did a mileage run tonight - averaged 36 mpg on flat 2-lane roads. Looks like a 10% reduction from normal. Yes, you can tell it is behind you. Had another biker tailing me and he said there was no tail-wagging or wiggling.

You pulled it with the 1200?

We need to get an accurate weight of the complete rig, and just you on the bike... when you're in the mood to figure it out, drop me a note, and I'll get you weighed... I got 'connections'. :thank_you:

I wanna know what I can expect out of my '84...

Joe:

I pulled the teardrop with the 85 Gl1200 and got about 35 mpg on fairly flat 2 lane highways, staying around 60mph.

The Gl1500 mileage check run included 2 & 4 lane highways with about 50 miles on the interstates at 70+. It handled the trailer with no problems, but you definitely feel it behind you. Meeting semis on 2 lane roads with crosswinds is an experience, so I use the right hand side of the road when I meet one.

I'd thought about pulling it over to your place for an extended ride, but can't remember where you live in Indiana. :moped:

well looks like im going to fla. for awhile to recouperate ...yeah semi and bikes are bad enough without pulling a trailer ...id be over to the right also LOL ..ive never actually pulled one before