Queensland All Ford Day at Willowbank Raceway

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
I had a request from Dhru to bring my beat up RTVs to the Queensland All Ford Day to participate on the Australian Ford Forums stand as he wanted to have a large showing of Rough Terrain Vehicles. I couldn’t really argue logistics with him as he had driven his AWD Falcon Wagon ( a one off, fully engineered by him ) from Adelaide (2000 klms) for the show. He was also surprising another mate Mark who has a Falcon Wagon that he converted to RTV specs who was also going to the show. As only my BF LPG RTV is registered I borrowed my mechanics trade plate so that I could legally drive the BA RTV the 150klms to the show at Queensland Raceway and back. Our other mate Lindsay ( a diehard Ford fan who has only just left the fold with a Mazda CX-7) agreed to drive my BF for the day.
Dhru travels with banners and flagpoles that really makes the stand and highly visible from a distance. :good:

I had to dig out my heavy duty ramps so that I could display my utes with a little bit of flair. The diff lock wouldn’t work on my BA RTV so getting up the ramp with one wheel became an issue which required many attempts with plenty of encouragement. Even though I was advised to not worry about getting to the top of the ramp I had one more attempt with a run up and made it with less than a foot between my 2 utes. :heat:
We ended up with 16 members vehicles on display with 5 of them being RTVs or derivatives of RTVs.
The white RTV Ute is supercharged.
As you can see it was a perfect winters day at Queensland Raceway. :yes:

When I said that I had to dig out my ramps I had a job that would of been perfect for Joe. I had tried to tow them out with 10k lb breaking strength yachting braid and kept thinking that my sheep-shank knot was slipping through instead it was breaking the rope (it probably was fatigued from being used as a tow top in the past). I finally realised why I couldn’t at first pick them up :doh: then tow them out. I had to get my new pole pruning saw and cut the lantanna off while having a load on the rope with my Ute.
:mischief:

Lol. Those ramps had been there for a while!

About the show, looks like a lot of fun, but I would sure like to have seen a few more Classix represented. If there’s anyone who likes old Fords as much as ‘some’ Americans, it’s the Australians.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=204624#p204624:5lao3vyv said:
joedrum » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:49 am[/url]":5lao3vyv]
nothing like jungle locked
Que?