Michelin Commander II Tires

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rednaxs60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed Michelin Commander II tires on my Victoria '85 LTD at 127,000 Kms some 18 months ago. Now have almost 156,000 Kms on the counter. Equates to almost 20,000 miles, not bad for an MT. I estimate that some 10,000 Kms was two up riding.

Have kept the tires at 40/41 PSI and used Ride-ON Tire Sealant and Balancing formula, prefer this over the CounterAct beads that I have also tried.

Tires work well in wet and dry conditions. Tire tread is still good and have not reached the wear bars. Probably put another 1000 Kms (doesn't take long) before change. Looking at a CT for the rear and new Michelin Commander II for the front.

Cheers

Religious air pressure monitoring, and I use Ride-On Tire Sealant and balancing formula. Doesn't hurt that the suspension was upgraded/renewed in October 2015. Keep 40/41 PSI in the tires. Other than that, don't know what to tell you.

hi,
your riding style must be completely different to the style we ride in europe and the conditions are different too. speed, roads, traffic or you get the better tires than we here. :)
i've never had tires on a bike that lasted more than 8000 miles since 1985. with the car tires last max. 30000 miles.
greez
joebarteam

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=204771#p204771:p4dutwu0 said:
JoeBarTeam » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:56 pm[/url]":p4dutwu0]
hi,
your riding style must be completely different to the style we ride in europe and the conditions are different too. speed, roads, traffic or you get the better tires than we here. :)
i've never had tires on a bike that lasted more than 8000 miles since 1985. with the car tires last max. 30000 miles.
greez
joebarteam
I think the roads make a difference. When riding the Rats Nest in the states I ended up with 6K miles on the rear and 12K miles on the front (half were in Oz). I am lucky to get those distances in kilometres back here not miles. As my brother Kim did say “you can pretty much head straight out your door to good riding country” where he normally travels an hour or so to reach the twisties in LA.