Did I miss something Dan?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, week before last, Thursday at 1:30 am. Some A**hole hit and run our new car parked in front of the house. We were all asleep.

Approx estimates so far $12-$15,000 damage. Still working it out. The shop we’ve used numerous times does excellent work and stands behind it with lifetime warranty, but I’m hoping Geico totals it. A brand new “repaired” vehicle just kind of leaves a bad taste for me.

Sorry to hear that was your new car. :rant:
Hopefully it will be written off due to the extent of the damage if not don’t give in and keep pushing for a new replacement vehicle as some times the insurance companies (assessor) try to avoid their responsibilities and save some money. With Ruth’s new Outback we were offered a premium insurance policy that offers new for old for life with her car. I have no idea how this can work but they claim if the car is written off or stolen they will replace it with the current version at the time of the loss. :yes:

We’ve never gotten “gap” insurance before on any of our cars, but got it on this one.
Since the normal insurance may not pay out the full loan owed on a vehicle, Gap is suppose to pay out the remainder. We’re hoping it works out so we just go buy a new one over again.
Will see.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=205871#p205871:79q2n2hd said:
joedrum » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:33 am[/url]":79q2n2hd]
Well I’m sorry to hear this ....so far my dealing with geico hasn’t been pleasant...

Neither was (WAS) mine...no longer a customer.

Don't let them forget 'los of value' (or something like that). It's the difference in value of the same car not wrecked versus the repaired wrecked vehicle. There is a value difference and some insurance will not bring it up.

I had the same thing happen to me last winter and came up just short of totaling the new car. I always get the gap insurance and was hoping to turn that into another new car, but alas that didn't happen. The job the shop did was excellent, but still......

Talked to the shop yesterday.

Geico (agent) is cooperating now with our needs. They had only allowed $48 an hour but have met our shops $52 an hour.
Suspension damage is left open for anything further found. It's all promising so far.
Now we wait. Shop said a solid 4 weeks, 1 week+ just waiting for parts....I hate waiting.