The Duc

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
I was asked a few weeks back to post some pics of my sons 2018 Ducati Panigale V4 S. This thing is insanely fast.
We thought the BMW S1000RR was quick.....Ducati so much better with vastly more lower end torque and exceptionally linear throttle.

image.php

image.php

image.php

I might post a video of him in the twisties

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=205918#p205918:2o4t0s2g said:
joedrum » 55 minutes ago[/url]":2o4t0s2g]
Wow.....looked smooth at those high speeds
That’s a great camera position. Clear speedo and road ahead, but passing landscape sure doesn’t look those speeds!

There's no such thing as a slow sport bike. In most situations like the above, it all comes down to the pilot. In many cases, it quickly becomes apparent who the better pilot is. At that point and if that delta is great enough, the mount becomes irrelevant. The racetrack is another story entirely. Those guys are typically more closely matched.

Hear you on that. Still riding above my pucker factor. Didn't see a 5 or 6 gear indication. It is one sweet ride. Should be good conversation tomorrow morning at coffee. Cheers

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=205942#p205942:18jinyxl said:
Rednaxs60 » Today, 8:08 pm[/url]":18jinyxl]
Hear you on that. Still riding above my pucker factor. Didn't see a 5 or 6 gear indication. It is one sweet ride. Should be good conversation tomorrow morning at coffee. Cheers
Yeah, at 14,000 rpm redline, the gears are loooong.

It has 6 gears. North of 200 hp. That video is a LONG way from it’s top speed.

This bike will easily break 200 mph. I got 140 just going into 5th.
What is simply amazing, is how easy it will get there.
Have to ride one to experience its aerodynamics, it’s balance. The incredible advancements they’ve made.

A ride would be incredible. The electronics to control that bike are incredible. Wheelie control, cornering ABS, monitoring front fork inputs at 100 times per second, can't imagine what it would be like. It would be like going for a ride on the Autobaun, quite natural to bury your foot and go. Cheers

The top speed may be limited electronically, seems I read that somewhere about these type of bikes are limited by government control standards. So out comes the laptop and reprogram :BigGrin:

Our Suburban was limited to 100 mph. Was very disappointing the first time I drove it to Phoenix on that wide open stretch of nothingness.

On these higher end bikes, they limit the speedo, not the top speed. I’m sure my son has been there and beyond already before it’s even broken in.