Watch your backs my friends

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been awhile since I visited here, sold my kawasaki, wasn't very comfortable with a passenger. Bought a jeep and still have that. My father in law passes away about a month ago and I ended up with both his gold wings. Both are 89's and one of them he converted to a trike. The trike is in the background (needs a bath before its ready to be seen lol). It's a blast to be back on a wing and so much more comfortable than the other bikes.
f99f426cb6a95e7f35c5bc79b8ed23c3.jpg
676d2784092dbb53805527bb816eea0d.jpg

Greetings and sorry to welcome you back under the circumstances (first time for me) but that sounds like a timing issue to me on the back firing. Make sure battery is fully charged good fuel and good plugs then check to make sure it is getting good spark before delving into the timing though.

FlipFlop":1719aabm said:
Greetings and sorry to welcome you back under the circumstances (first time for me) but that sounds like a timing issue to me on the back firing. Make sure battery is fully charged good fuel and good plugs then check to make sure it is getting good spark before delving into the timing though.
Only did it when I let go of the starter button, just bumped started it and let it run for a bit even though the battery was fully charged, now it seems to start everytime. Threw it on a charger last night, so it would make sense like you said.... Fully charged battery was the answer. Thanks for the reply.
Now to solve the next small issue, then it should be all set.

Both of these will be put up for sale in 2 weeks.
2 wheeler is a 89 GL1500
Trike is a 94 aspencade 1500.
If anyone is in the area on Northern California (20 miles from the Oregon state line on the coast), let me know if you're interested.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk