1982 Motor Removal and Stator Change

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's not the right time to sell it but I'm in no hurry. I was kinda at around $2000 but I can wait. I am going to put it on CL I guess, and it seems that the Gold Wings don't stay on there long. But with the cold coming it can be there forever. Ebay seems silly. Maybe Facebook. I'll do a write up in the For Sale section here.

It really is a good riding bike, but our time is up.

When I sold our project 1981 Standard, we originally listed it in Craig's List and got a few hits and some lookers. But when we posted it on Ebay with a "Buy It Now" only feature plus local pick-up or they provide shipping, we got our price pretty quick.

For sale pics for Ebay on May 21, 2017

image.php

Sold and on it's way to Maryland on June 4, 2017

image.php

image.php

Good pics are important. Can't understand the ones of a bike stuffed back in a messy garage/leaned against the house/poorly lit, etc. Unless you want $100 or less for it.

Ride it as much as you can over the winter to keep everything working. Come spring it will have good value.

I did go ahead on put it on CL.

https://terrehaute.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1982-gl1100-gold-wing/6720109727.html

Took some pretty good pictures and put $2200 on it for now. I will keep riding it as much as I can to keep things going. I have a leak around both of the valve covers and got new gaskets yesterday to address that. But my luck with this bike is not good and things keep breaking. Not too much now to replace. Good lord.

It seems that the Gold Wings do not last long on CL, and as of now mine is the only one there. So, we'll see. I can keep there all winter if need be.

Latest posts