Dark siding Val

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=206484#p206484:3l76u3a1 said:
dan filipi » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:59 pm[/url]":3l76u3a1]
Comments on YouTube videos can be hilarious at times.
Some of my videos I get asshole comments that have nothing to do with the video. :smilie_happy:
I think some people watching them simply have nothing better to do than to post derogatory crap to troll and hope for the same back.

I started to read more on FB then caught myself and realized 99.9 percent of what I was reading is a complete waste of energy. The last .1% might be slabghosts topics (maybe) lol.
They can get entertaining at times.

Why thank you sir!

After all is said and done, I’m kind of with Dan on this one. I believe I’m going to stick with motorcycle tires on my motorcycles. In spite of all the favorable press, (longevity, traction, etc)… Just seems like the way I’m going to go. Boring and conservative, Yep, that’s me!

More than likely that is where I will eventually end up Darrell. If I could have my wish list for Val it would be two rims so that I could Darkside for everyday use and conventional tyre for when I want to be playful. I still would like to try a runflat in a narrower profile than I am currently running to have exhausted all possibilities.
I really just like the idea that I will eventually have an opinion on Darksiding that will be based on my actual experiences. :yes:

Ansimp":28uqpk4v said:
More than likely that is where I will eventually end up Darrell. If I could have my wish list for Val it would be two rims so that I could Darkside for everyday use and conventional tyre for when I want to be playful. I still would like to try a runflat in a narrower profile than I am currently running to have exhausted all possibilities.
I really just like the idea that I will eventually have an opinion on Darksiding that will be based on my actual experiences. :yes:
Switching to MT for the purpose of being extra-playful has ended up the wrong move for several GL1800 riders. My personal opinion is that they switched and then rode either over their heads or expected better from the MT than from the CT that they had put tens of thousands of miles on. Either way, they both wiped out (on the same weekend). One important thing that must be added if you go RF - TPMS! Because, you may not know for quite some distance that you've had a puncture with one.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=206505#p206505:3nwyvelv said:
pidjones » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:25 am[/url]":3nwyvelv]
Ansimp":3nwyvelv said:
Switching to MT for the purpose of being extra-playful has ended up the wrong move for several GL1800 riders. My personal opinion is that they switched and then rode either over their heads or expected better from the MT than from the CT that they had put tens of thousands of miles on. Either way, they both wiped out (on the same weekend). One important thing that must be added if you go RF - TPMS! Because, you may not know for quite some distance that you've had a puncture with one.
:good:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=206499#p206499:20x2dr8o said:
desertrefugee » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:08 pm[/url]":20x2dr8o]
After all is said and done, I’m kind of with Dan on this one. I believe I’m going to stick with motorcycle tires on my motorcycles. In spite of all the favorable press, (longevity, traction, etc)… Just seems like the way I’m going to go. Boring and conservative, Yep, that’s me!

I guess I'm sort of in the middle of the road... I have one with a car tire and one with a bike tire. Call me an independent.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=206514#p206514:3swjsqxl said:
brianinpa » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:58 am[/url]":3swjsqxl]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=206499#p206499:3swjsqxl said:
desertrefugee » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:08 pm[/url]":3swjsqxl]

I guess I'm spot of in the middle of the road... I have one with a car tire and one with a bike tire. Call me an independent.
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

This one won’t last long Randy. I need to get a better quality? (Stiffer sidewalls) as this one is starting to show the strain of me competing with sports bikes between lights! :smilie_happy:
I rode down the DD yesterday while it was still pretty wet and slippery and I would not have attempted (let alone completed) this with a motorcycle tire. We have had plenty of rain and this tire seems to work well in the wet as well as the driveway. I want to ride again today but it looks like it might just be too wet this morning but hopefully it will dry out by this afternoon, if not I will have to use a cage again. :doh:

Someone please enlighten me about "a horse float". ??

The only horse I've ever seen on a float was a statue of Trigger during a parade in Hesperia Ca.

We have Amish people here driving horse-drawn carriages and traps on the roads. They have slow moving vehicle signs on the back so even Harleys can pass them. :moped:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=206571#p206571:1un8nd2c said:
PurpleGL1200I » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:40 am[/url]":1un8nd2c]

The only horse I've ever seen on a float was a statue of Trigger during a parade in Hesperia Ca.

We have Amish people here driving horse-drawn carriages and traps on the roads. They have slow moving vehicle signs on the back so even Harleys can pass them. :moped:
Horse float is a horse trailer. dont know why its called a float here. and Tony (Ansimp ) dont tolerate them on the road..... :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=206571#p206571:16ldc29e said:
PurpleGL1200I » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:40 pm[/url]":16ldc29e]

“Google is your friend!” :smilie_happy: