Fan switch video (running a Geo Metro thermoswitch)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dan filipi":14y5f8pr said:
littlebeaver":14y5f8pr said:
Hey 1100 guys, when does your oem fan switch kick on while it's getting warm at a light on your gauge? Mine was at half straight up when I put the old oem switch on...
Mine is about 3/4
And that is using a oem switch Dan? If so I think the TSF 591 one is the one I would go with then for sure...

littlebeaver":2jvy6650 said:
dan filipi":2jvy6650 said:
littlebeaver":2jvy6650 said:
Hey 1100 guys, when does your oem fan switch kick on while it's getting warm at a light on your gauge? Mine was at half straight up when I put the old oem switch on...
Mine is about 3/4
And that is using a oem switch Dan? If so I think the TSF 591 one is the one I would go with then for sure...
Yes, it's the stock Honda switch.

Thanks Dan, I guess some of these oem switch kick on at different times, weird...I know my TSF591 I got from advance auto works great 5/8 every time..As long as these cycle on and off while sitting in traffic you should be good...It's a matter of how hot would you like your bike to get...Now you have a choice 3/4 stock 5/8 TSF591 or the new one from auto zone which comes on at 1/2 MT1373, on a normal 95 degree day the fan never comes on if I'm rolling it's always well below halfway, its when sitting in traffic does it come on..Now guys have a choice..I have not yet found a switch that kicks on at 3/4, if anyone finds one let me know, I tried the one the guys were discussing years ago the TSF596 but it came on way before 1/2 :shock: they said it was 3/4 but I don't know..

Can anyone tell me the pigtail that will fit on the Geo Metro water temperature sensor? I want to make the conversion to the new sensor but would perfer not to make jumpers to plug into the Honda wiring.

I had to get mine off a 94 metro at a junk yard, I think the Swift and Tracker have the same fan switch but I'm unsure of the years...

I got a Beck Arnsley witch from Rock auto and it was the wrong size, so I took the redneck route and wired in a rocker switch down by the radio...not ideal, but it works for me.