Cruisin' on the Wing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful day today here in Warren Ohio. I went for a morning ride and
ended up at the Neal Armstrong display. If you ever come to Warren it is worth checking out.
Space cycle.jpg

Ping123nascar":3e9e6kim said:
Wonderful day today here in Warren Ohio. I went for a morning ride and
ended up at the Neal Armstrong display. If you ever come to Warren it is worth checking out.
Very cool !! :clapping:

First time in a month I took the bike out for a ride. Seems to do more sitting than anything any more. Curiosity took over and I found a road I've been wanting to check out for a long time now. I've pretty much ridden all the main highways in the area, but it's the little donkey trails into the back country that I need to see. This one is about 60 miles north up the coast off Hwy 1. Crosses over the mountain through the army base and over to Hwy 101.
From Hwy 1 it was nearly a straight up climb in 1st gear, occasionally getting into 2nd gear. Some of the hairpin turns were so tight that I had to go so slow that I thought I was gonna fall over. Remember when you were a little kid and you'd climb up something and then be too scared to climb back down? There was no turning back. Sometimes the army base will close this road during training. It was a foggy 58 degrees on the coastal side going up, but once I got near the top and above the clouds it very quickly changed to 97 degrees. Coming down the other side was mostly 2nd gear action, sometimes getting into 3rd.

I tried mounting the camera on the handlebar this time. I found out that it's a good view from there, but the handlebar is not a stable platform for the camera. That's why the video shakes so much. Sorry 'bout that. I found out I can get 47 mile per gallon riding like this.

Probably wore out the rod bearings from oil starvation on the front to cylinders climbing that mountain and the same on the back two going down the other side :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: , jeez, them no guard rail curves with very little shoulder made me draw up just watching the video. I think you might have found Ca. version of the dragon's tail. Great video, skd.

joedrum":3m6yarjv said:
hmmm seems to me that it sounded a little sluggest still ron...but looking at the video maybe it was conditions of the ride .....
This ain't the one that got the vacuum advance repair. But I'm sure it probly needs it.
Ya, conditions of the ride had a lot to do with lugging way down. I'm sure I'm much harder on the motor than I am the clutch. I've sorta always had that fault.

This was taken along Route 44 through the Northern part of the State through Clinton and Lycoming Counties. There is a stretch of about 75 miles where there is only one stop sign, so it just goes on and on. It was taken a few years ago after I finished painting it and I was waiting for a new trunk to arrive.

Attachments

• 100_1647.JPG
    100_1647.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 583