1100 carb jet size

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tumunga

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's warming back up in Indiana to the 30's, and I'm getting ready to finish pulling off all the parts off the bike that I'm going to be working on. One of the things I want to do is decrease the jet size in my carbs. The bike runs nice, but only gets about 35 mpg. It was getting 39-41mpg before I synched the carbs, and adjusted the fuel mixture. I'm thinking I want to decrease the main jet size in the carb to something less that the 45's that are on there, which might help with the mpg. Shoot, I could keep driving the Focus for what I spending on gas for the bike.

All comments are appreciated as usual to steer me in the right direction on this.

39-41 is ok, I get 42-43 average when on a 3-400 mile day ride mostly highway easy riding.

It would be better to read the plugs to see if it's running rich before changing jets because too lean can damage the valves etc.

I found a really good site awhile back about how to properly read plugs. I'll try to find that and post back.

This first link is ok to get a general idea of mixture. Click on the pics for a large image.
The second link deals with tuning for wide open throttle at a high load but does a good job at explaining whats going on with regard to heat range, rich, and lean conditions.

General Spark Plug condition info

WOT plug reading info

(updated links)AApple

Latest posts