charging issues (plz help Roady)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montecman

Reaction score
My battery charging abilities have greatly deminished as of late. I could really use a bit for troubleshooting help. Where do do i start? Where do I end? At what point do I shoot it in the head?

first check the three wire plug coming off the stator on the back of the motor. plug is in battery compartment. on mine this plug was melted together from the heat of a bad connection. best cure is to soder the wires together and toss the connector. this is a real weak point on goldwings . it will trash your sator if not fixed rite. all the wires are yellow and you dont have to worry about mixing them up. just cut the connector out and stirp the wires back connect them together and cover and try it out it will probably start charging rite away. i hope its not the sator.

Joedrum,
You areTHE MAN! I hab my maintanence dept pull Melba into their bay and look at what you said. They brought up this green powdery mass of wirenuts, electrical tape, plastic, wiresplices and other unidentifable objects all somehow attached to three yellow wires. You were right on the money! I need to break down and find a new wireing harness for her. Geez, Her PO sucked at upkeep! :head bang:

Latest posts