Daaaang it's COLD!!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
:| :| :|
16 this morn when I got up! That's REALLY cold for this part of the world! Our air lines at the shop are froze up from all of the moisture in them, so I gots no air!! The water line next to my parts washer had a big blob of ice in it, too, but it came out eventually.
Sooo....I ain't got much to work with...not to mention it's COLD outside too!!
My building room has warmed up(finally) to a steamy 47 degs...and that's with the heater running full blast! Oh...my achy hands(and toes)!!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

When I first read this I thought "Yea, so", it January... then I saw where you guys are from!!!
Holey Crap, thats cold for down there! Poor southern boys, your blood is thinner from all the heat down there... Oh and I CAN'T STAND the heat! That "it's not the heat, it's the humidity" is BOLOGNA!
When I got to Basic in April it was 100+ in San Antonio... when I left Tech school from Witchita Falls in August it was 115... then when I left my OJT base in Austin in September it was still 103!!!!
Since then I aways said "I'd rather be cold and able to put more clothes ON than to be hot and not able to take any more OFF!"

16+ is normal for here in New Jersey for January. Here in the northeast we get all of the weather just under the extremes and rarely in them.

[*]Winter averages 26-38 degress with lows in the teens once in a while
[*]Spring averages 52-68 degress
[*]Summer averages 82-95 with highs in the high 90's but rarely above 100
[*]Fall is the best with averages 45-62 clear and crisp!

It's STILL too cold!
cooold.gif

It actually warmed up to almost 38 today! We'uns ain't used to this stuff!!
I did get out today and fired up the 'Burban, the '85 Corvette, and the 'Wing. Let them all run for prolly 30-45 minutes, and moved them up-down the driveway a little. The '85 'Vette ain't been run in 2 years or so, and the 'Burban ain't been started in several months. I neglected to start the Baby in the garage('74 Vette)...it don't have to deal with the harshness of real life, like the other vehicles do.... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

yesterday and todays high in Orlando was in the upper 30's Tomorrow the high is gonna be 54 so im going out for a ride for sure :music:
I havent riden her in over a week... I havent done that since i did the brakes over a year ago