Rain, 46F, and nuthin but green lights...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The weather turned ugly today after work. I wanted to stop by my buddy's place on the way home despite a light rain. On the way I realized I could stop and get some seafoam and gas on the way. By the time I got the foam and dumped half a can in, the rain was gettin heavier. Half way to the gas station the rain was really coming down. Why I thought I didn't need to take my weather suit and full helmet I'll never know.

After waiting for the worst of the rain to fall at my friends I headed home. Rain in the desert floods curbs and intersections here, and it was only 46F. I was kickin both legs as high as the handle bars to avoid getting my feet wet...wetter? whatever. I was havin a ball, riding through flooded intersections, Aerosmith's "Love in an elevator" cranked on the stereo, and catching green lights all the way home.

It was glorious. :yahoo:

~O~

Takes a desert rat to appreciate a little rain.. and doing the Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly routine on a Gioldwing :music3: :music3: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I don't ride in the rain unless I just happen to get caught in it as you did. Sounds like you had a ball on the way home. :smilie_happy: :party:

Everyone keep an eye out on youtube for a video of this. I'm sure someone caught on their phone camera. :yahoo: :Doh2: :eek:k:

I got my first ride of the year(and in several months) today...in heavy fog/high humidity. It was 60deg, so I said to meself, "Meself, yer gonna ride da Wing today". Yeah, I got a little wet, but not too bad. I also don't normally ride when it's raining, but I've sure been caught out in it more than once.
I can just imagine seeing O-man ridin down the street with his feets up around his hands, trying to keep from gettin splashed... :smilie_happy:

The weather is fine for riding here but i cant ride since my rear tire is sooo bald that its showin the metal bands under the rubber
So now im waitin till i get my tax money so i can get a new set of tires

Yeeesh...I ride for the first time in several months today, and all is great...until aboot 4pm. I'm lissenin to the radio, and all of a sudden, guy comes on a says we're under a Tornado Watch until late this evenin...WHUT?!? :eek:
Just as soon as he finishes sayin it, and I mean the very second he's finished, it comes a turd floater. That lasted until just about 5:30p. Soooo....I'm riding home in da freekin rain, watchin fer a tornader. :head bang: Luckily, the worst of the weather passed around us, and I made it home unscathed... :clapping:
Sure was nice to get the old gal out on the road agin, tho... :party:

AApple":26b198ip said:
Just as soon as he finishes sayin it, and I mean the very second he's finished, it comes a turd floater. That lasted until just about 5:30p. Soooo....I'm riding home in da freekin rain, watchin fer a tornader. :head bang:

LMAO!!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Its been 70 + degrees in H-Town Lately! Vroooom-Vrooooom! :yes: :yahoo: :party: :music3: :good: :salute: :music:

Wait... What month is this??? Todays high is 81 but with a %40 chance of rain :fiddle: Like that matters since i cant ride my black beauty due to the bad tires :head bang: