GL1100 PVC Manifold and 34-3 outta box Carb

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McGovern, You may have lost to Nixon, but you are right about Campin'. Went to Jefferson at The Caddo State Park on the Ol' Wings and had a great time. With two bikes carrying stuff, neither was overloaded and we had every thing we needed. Both bikes ran great, single carb got close to 45 mpg,,,,loaded with gear....There was an antique European bike rally 10 miles north at Lake of The Pines, we spent half a day admiring the Nortons and such. I tried to enter OL Blackie since she has a Volkswagon Carb,,,,,but on closer inspection it's made in China, so D.Q. City.

Attachments

• IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0285.JPG
    IMG_0285.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 210
Beautiful scenery. Are you considering putting a single on the other bike too? I have an older solex. Any tips on setup of the carb itself?

My 34-3 is completely stock. Only tip is set the idle about 1050 for best performance on my manifold. Let it warm up before adjusting, and make absolutely sure no manifold leaks. Start about 2 1/2 turns out on both screws. Go to a dunebuggy VW site to find out the correct order to adjust the 34-3.......get it right, and leave it alone.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=134161#p134161:2qfc94z1 said:
dkl » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:15 am[/url]":2qfc94z1]
....get it right, and leave it alone.
:good: :moped: :moped: :good:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=134181#p134181:ipo7ig8o said:
slabghost » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:22 am[/url]":ipo7ig8o]
oh yeah. That's always the plan.
For most probably but I'm always wanting to get it just that bit better or try something else to improve.
How can ya know until it's tried.
I would have never known the improvement the 2 to 1 adapter makes if I settled for what others might have concidered 'right' at the time.

We just like to mess with stuff....I am always gonna change everything........But his question was for best advice,,,,,,,,and that is--Get it runnin' and leave it alone.........but that goes against our nature.......

*Complete instructions for PVC Manifold*
This is the fitting list and a Pictorial on my PVC Manifold for the GL1100 with a VW34-3 carb. It runs great and I have put 3,000 miles on this set-up. Cheap and easy to build set-up to get a GL1100 with trashed carbs back on the road.

4 -pieces 1" sch 40 Flex PVC. regular flex.....found on Flex PVC website.
2 -regular 1" PVC sch 40 45 ELLs
2 -short 1" PVC sch 40 45 ELLs
4 -PVC 1 1/4 x 1" sch 40 PVC Bushings Glue Fittings
1 -PVC Sch 80 1" Floor Flange Glue Fitting
1 -PVC 1" 5 Way Cross
1 -PVC 1" short piece of PVC pipe to cut short pieces to join fittings together.
1 -Small Piece 1x4 Lumber to place under cross, it rests on coolant tubes and supports weight of carb. I glue rubber on top of board.

I marked where the fittings should be cut, but different brands are different lengths, measure twice-cut once.

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

I am wondering if that 1" flex PVC could be heated and expanded to fit over 1" copper pipe which is about 1 1/8" OD. :headscratch: Would hose clamps make for a air-tight seal? :headscratch: Does the flex PVC have a wire reinforcement?

Thanks
Brian

No wire reinforcement.....Probably could swedge over copper, but I would use transition fitting.......but that's just me.

I have just about given up on my pvc effort,i just ordered 2 feet of flex,it damn well better work

Very frustrated sg,if the flex doesnt work out,im going to find someone on here to build me an intake

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=132965#p132965:216lq46q said:
mcgovern61 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:48 pm[/url]":216lq46q]
Camping from a bike is GREAT!!!

image.php

image.php

If you weren't such a late riser, there would have been two tents in that picture! I think I had enough time to take my tent down AND take a shower before there was any movement from that tent... :smilie_happy:

If you weren't such a late riser, there would have been two tents in that picture! I think I had enough time to take my tent down AND take a shower before there was any movement from that tent... :smilie_happy:
:hihihi: :smilie_happy:

Tough crowd!!

(BTW, I was up....it just took two hours to get this old body up off the ground!) :smilie_happy:

:0fftopic: :whip: (Yeah, yeah....I know...)

Latest posts