1976 CB750

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrangler882

Reaction score
I know this is a goldwing forum but I have a friend looking a cb750 1976 any one have any thoughts or anything he should look out for. He said it is clean and has 12,000 miles on it. And a fairing and hard bags he is wanting 800.00 for it.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. With that low mileage it has probably sat for quite a while. If so all the fluids will need changed. Carbs will likely need cleaned and set. Check the gas tank for rust. Check for loose spokes if it has the wire wheels. Tires are probably due to be changed as well. Clutch plates can be stuck from long term rest. Wiring may be damaged from mice or rats. Check for nesting material in the air filter box. Check boots between carbs and air filter box they can be nearly impossible to find. Look over the frame carefully for rust especially the lower sections. Check the swing arm movement. Will the rear tire twist or move side to side? It should not. Check any visible cable ends to see if they are frayed or rusted..
Check over everything in general. I am not aware of any peculiar problems for that model. Maybe others are.

they still had points in them and yes it does have a kick start but it does have electric start also. my '75 doesn't like the points set with a large gap. carry a set of pionts and condensers with you just incase