1985 Limited - DONE!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRepoGuy

Reaction score
Hey folks -
Finally got this limited all parted out and ready to roll. I’d say 85% of the bike is still available including the motor with 12K on it.
8b6bbf2b7520dd616d02f37253a41345.jpg

I do have a question though and maybe one of y’all with a fuel injected monster can answer it. The reed valves on the underside of the carbs; where can one be sourced and how much do they even sell for? I’ve had no luck trying to find them and really don’t wanna resort to Mother Honda if I can avoid it plus it’s highly unlikely it’s even made anymore...
e2c249261ccf2f4406167110ae8258a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reed valve(s) are not made any more and last a long time, very robust. I'd recommend leaving these with the air chamber. These are part of the idle air control circuit.

Cheers

Rednaxs60":1nfom7bs said:
The reed valve(s) are not made any more and last a long time, very robust. I'd recommend leaving these with the air chamber. These are part of the idle air control circuit.

Cheers

I’d agree - I have someone who asked me for those two parts specifically off this carb setup; once they’re removed it’s kinda game over for the remainder of the fuel system on the carb so yeah.

I think the air chamber of the '85 and '86 LTD and SE-i is wider than the one for the carb models, can't be certain. The air chamber itself is being sold by some companies without the IAC system attached. I have been following a few sites because of the air chamber and the parts attached to it. Cheers

Rednaxs60":1fmlbgi5 said:
I think the air chamber of the '85 and '86 LTD and SE-i is wider than the one for the carb models, can't be certain. The air chamber itself is being sold by some companies without the IAC system attached. I have been following a few sites because of the air chamber and the parts attached to it. Cheers

Let me know when you can what the sites are so I can have a look please!
Nate