2013 Motorcycle Ride For Dad (Poker Run) Fighting Prostate Cancer in the Okanagan

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charron.bob

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New member wishing to extend an invitation to everyone who has been affected by this most commun and often deadly cancer, or knows of someone who has.
On June 9th 2013 we will be holding our 5th annual pocker run. It will start at Banner's Recreational Equipment . We sudgest arriving at 8 a.m. especially for registration. The usual will be provided fresh coffee and eat s.

As ride Captain I'm kept busy updating the route. This year as per last years rider's request we've shortened the route a bit but added a more scenic return route around Skaha Lake. Our new meal sponsor promises to provide a large tradditional BBQ meal apon your return to the start finish check point.
We have lot's of prizes donated by local merchants.
For pre registrants who have raised Extra funds your name gets entered in for extra valuable prizes.

12 men die each day in Canada from prostate Cancer. :help: New research in treatment can save most of them if diagnosed early. Awareness is a big key to survival. Hope to see you all there. :yahoo:

I've checked into passport some and it looks like the application is non refundable $165 to start the process. I'm not sure what other fees there are but I do need to get on this because we're taking a family vacation near Niagara falls next year.

There are 30 chapter's accross Canada. Please visit our National web site for the nearest date and ride. Registration fee is 30 buck including taxes. If you raise over 100 this entry fee can be returned or made as a tax deductible donation. As a senior exec. Locally I herd at our last National convention that like the women's pink ribbon fight against breast cancer we may go internationally. This means we may be in the US sometime in the future. There is interest in the UK as well. But for now we are in Canada. Getting into our country is easy. Getting back is your worry. In any case or circumstance I will enfisize you are all welcomed. The CAUSE is the reason. Our rides our platform to get the message out there. Already in the 13 years of raising funds for research and awareness. We have been able to enhance early diagnosis proceedures to be more accurate. New treatment options and proceedures are more successfull. The number of treatments cut down drastically resulting in more clients getting treatment in a more timely manner. Treatments are also less evassive and a higher successful rate. This results in less likelyhood of re occurance, less chances that the cancer develops into more difficult types of cancer, like bone cancer. WE PROMISE to keep unwanted overhead cost to a minimum. Right now only 16 cents ( approx.) Goes to admin. Cost.
The rest goes towards research and awareness. Only 10% of all registered charities in the world have admin. Cost below the 20 cent on the dollar. We are trying to drop even lower.
From the theads submitted today alone I am encouraged by your words and support. Many thanks and I look forward to seeing you at one of these events. THANK YOU.

Bob Charron

All you need for Passport is a card to enter by land or sea. It's much cheaper. You will still need to fill out the passport application form DS-11, birth certificate, government issued photo I.D. (drivers license) a passport photo, and the fee. We did ours at the post office. And it takes up to 2 weeks to come in the mail. Note: Not all post offices can do this. If you live in a small community, you may have to drive to a wider spot in the road with a bigger post office.

https://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_ca ... _3926.html

"The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air."
This was brought on mostly by complaints from cruise lines.

https://travel.state.gov/passport/fees/fees_837.html

https://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html Hope this helps somebody. :moped:

That's why I included the link. I think you could find everything you need to know through that site. But if not, an agent at the Post Office can answer any questions.
Renewals are cheaper and use a different form (DS-82 ?). And note that if it's your first time it will have to be done in person. As I recall, the forms are not complicated at all. Quite short and basic. All stuff you should know off the top of your head.
My wife is from Mexico, so that's how I knew about this. As a U.S. citizen, I've never needed to know this until recently. Last time I left the continent I was using military I.D.

Hi everyone. A bit of an update on this years ride for anyone interested in participating in the Okanagan ride.

OUR ACCOMODATION SPONSOR SANDMAN INN is offering a discount to all out of town rider's looking for 4 or 5 star rooms.
When booking please quote GROUP CONFIRMATION # 364268.

OUR MEAL SPONSOR isconfirmed MONTANA'S will be cooking a great BBQ when you return from the ride.

Great prizes and awards. Come on out for a super ride and fight a great cause.

BOB C.
RIDE CAPTAIN.