77 GL1000 "Cycle Therapy" basketnboxes reassembly project

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:head bang: bought her without proper assessment...I know much better than that!
Engine is seized...must of had lustful stars in my eyes.
Got good replacement engine and now am workin with it.
I'm also going to "harvest" all the serviceable "organs" from my Cadaver engine.
JoeDrum...here are my pics. Yeah I know my shops a mess.
Kenny

Crusty Bugger!
Crusty Bugger indeed!
Cadaver Engine
Replacement
Baskets N Boxes
Atleast solid frame
Cluster view
Boxes N Baskets
Fairing and Fauxe tank sides
Resealed tank @ Rad Shop, I repainted outside with Krylon Tough rust paint
So far, I've saved hundreds on Psyco Therapy but spent hundres on Cycle therapy. :smilie_happy:

Looks to me like your cadaver motor might clean up and be made to run again. Lot's of therapy there in cleaning the cylinders out.

I definitely intend to crack her open but first get my bike running.
I've seen corroded cylinders before but not this bad. When I first pulled the RH head, the number 3 cylinder had almost an inch of powdered rust laying in it.
I am up to the challenge, but seems like cracking the case to get her all apart is going to be tough...any ideas?

clean the cylinders out assembled. If the oil in it wasn't contaminated with water or coolant. No hurry on it. Like you said get the bike useable then take your time on the cadaver.

nice Kenny looks to be going good as v said everything is up it seems ...so some scrat aroud on it is good thing to do ....id leave it together and clean as is Kenny and if it cleans up good you may not have to break into it ...ive got some nice running motors that looked like that .... :mrgreen: .