83 GL1200A Right Front Fork Tube Bent - What other years will work?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_Charlton

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1984 GL1200I
1988 GL1500
Does anyone know if 1982 GL1100 front shock tubes are the same as the 83 Aspencade? The diameter of the 83 & 82 tubes should be the same because the steering stem has the same part number for both years, hence the clamping apertures will be the same size?

The parts fiche shows the 83 shock is unique to 83 only, probably because 83 was the first year for TRAC. However, my problem is a bent shock tube (upper part), and the lower part looks good.

Next question: does anyone in the Midwest have a spare shock tube for the 82-83 GL1100? Midwest = Il, In, Mo, Mi, Ky, Tn,Oh? I would gladly pay for it Tuesday (as Wempy told Popeye).

Thanks for your help

Tom

I will have an extra left fork assembly and the upper tube was replaced with new part about 1 year ago. I bought a pair of forks on ebay a while back with plans to just use the upper tube however they are very nice so am painting them and installing on the bike and will part with the old right and left ones. Right upper is pitted, lower is fine.
Came off of 82 gl1100.

How about 50 plus shipping.