Air Ride System

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry M.

Reaction score
I have an '84 GL1200 Aspencade, this is my first experience with and air ride system.
I can add air to the front or rear shocks but I can't seem to release it, according to the digital gauge it goes up but not down. Can someone with experience explain how the air ride system works, maybe I'm doing it wrong, or maybe I have a bad part I need to fix. Thank you in advance.

Larry I have an 85 sei,I done know if the controls are the same. I have a three switch controller on the left handle bar.The one problem I had was the switches needed cleaned.

I have the 4 buttons in the lower right of the fairing, I have held the front switch while pressing the decrease to no avail. I got caught in the rain on the way home so after I warm up I'll take a look at cleaning the switches. :thanks:

I finally had a chance to work on the bike this morning before going to bed. I removed the right fairing pocket so I could get at the compressor and controls and found that the "decrease" switch, solenoid, and power wire for the solenoid were all disconnected. Looks like the previous owner had been fiddling with it and never hooked it back up. Once everything was reconnected it works perfectly.

Now to just figure out the carbs, I synced them this morning and they're all about dead on with each other. Still kind of puking on itself with too much throttle or trying to accelerate in 4th or 5th. Will change the fuel filter in the morning and pray that solves the problem so I don't have to rebuild the carbs. :head bang:

Might want to run ATF in the fuel a while. It might clear out the carbs. I haven't added gas to mine without adding ATF since I bought it.

I'll give that a try, whats the ratio?
When I changed the fuel filter this morning I found one of the fuel lines
was missing a clamp, possibly sucking air. When putting a clamp on the fuel line started leaking lol. I was going to put new fuel lines all around anyway, no time like the present I guess.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111779#p111779:128qonkq said:
Larry M. » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:50 pm[/url]":128qonkq]
I'll give that a try, whats the ratio?
When I changed the fuel filter this morning I found one of the fuel lines
was missing a clamp, possibly sucking air. When putting a clamp on the fuel line started leaking lol. I was going to put new fuel lines all around anyway, no time like the present I guess.
Ratio is 6-8 oz to 5 gallons of gas. I just dump a little in at every fill up. If it smokes a little I just use a little less next fill up. Yep it seems now's the time for fuel lines. If one was sucking air that could cause the fall off at higher speeds.