bad clutch ??

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gee ...thats one of the things i dont like about the 1200s ...it could be alot of things as in o ring seals and what not that mekes these units work ....i realy have no experience with them yet as to advise you william but good luck :shock:

A worn clutch will usually give some gradual warning. If it happened suddenly and it's hydraulic I would suspect that first. Look to see if the master or slave show signs of leakage. You can try bleeding it to see if it will gain anything.

scdmarx":2q7cm8g2 said:
A worn clutch will usually give some gradual warning. If it happened suddenly and it's hydraulic I would suspect that first. Look to see if the master or slave show signs of leakage. You can try bleeding it to see if it will gain anything.
1200 wings use hydraulics to operate theclutch clutch and i plan on checking the level of fluid in and then bleading it to see what happens first

I just worked over my 80 resinked the carbs ant took it for a ride up the freeway tonight.. Runs very good..with that new (replaced) rear drive of the 82 Inoe tack 4K at 65 MPH that is 5MPH better than stock :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :clapping:

detdrbuzzard":1rxo7vem said:
after one clutch bleeding session and all the old fluid flushed out its working like it should so my 1200 is back on the road

:clapping: :Egyptian: :good:

detdrbuzzard":2eholww1 said:
after one clutch bleeding session and all the old fluid flushed out its working like it should so my 1200 is back on the road

Great that's all it took.

It's odd though it would suddenly start acting up.
Maybe some shmegma got in between the seal and got flushed out.

dan filipi":2jdnssm6 said:
detdrbuzzard":2jdnssm6 said:

Great that's all it took.

It's odd though it would suddenly start acting up.
Maybe some shmegma got in between the seal and got flushed out.
the fluid had never been changed. it was dark brown looking like rootbeer so i flushed it until clear brake fluid came out. scdmarx with a hyd clutch it either works or it doesn't and gives no warning before the clutch goes out the hyd fluid takes up the slack in the system just like the brakes